+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks green cheese, it was a great appointment really compared to what i was expecting. He was fantastic during my pregnancy with DS, even though i was (and still am overweight) he doesnt just dismiss that as the cause for everything. Once i said i was taking metformin last time, he pretty much concluded its highly likely i will need it again... Only another few days until i have *hopefully* Some answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Thanks green cheese, it was a great appointment really compared to what i was expecting. He was fantastic during my pregnancy with DS, even though i was (and still am overweight) he doesnt just dismiss that as the cause for everything. Once i said i was taking metformin last time, he pretty much concluded its highly likely i will need it again... Only another few days until i have *hopefully* Some answers!
    I'm overweight too which is a gp concluded I had pcos and gave me a referral to fs after only 8 months ttc last time.(I didn't have pcos but wasn't ovulating) Then the assumptions the whole way through in relation to gestational diabetes etc was ridiculous. Fx for positive results.

I had a very strong positive ovulation test on the weekend so that's really promising for me. I have been feeling so positive I'm going to get pregnant this month that I feel like I already am. Wish you could test from like 4dpo!!! I had to get up to pee at 2am, and I never have to do that. I feel a bit bloated and crampy so fx. I hope I'm right and this is our month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt be suprised if I do have pcos tbh. I'm overweight, have hypothyroidism, cholesterole issues (under control by diet now, after needing meds a while back.) ive always had a long cycle (35 average), but regular, I have glucose resistance, and also have acne, so quite a few symptoms! I also had issues breast feeding (low supply, nothing helped boost it)

I hate how health professionals blame excess weight for everything without looking at other potential causes too....I mean sure, if xyz show up fine and weight is the only other option, well that I can accept, but just dismissing things as weight without investigating, really bugs me!

Yay for strong opk! Fx you catch the egg this month!!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls, just after your opinion, what does everyone find more reliable and accurate : charting temps or the urine ovulation tests? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a combination of the two.

Urine tests (opks) detect the hormone surge your body needs to release the egg. However, there are times where you could get a positive test (detecting the hormone) but for whatever reason, your body doesn't release an egg....so you don't know that you DID infact ovulate.
    Its more common in women with pcos to get a rise and no egg. Its also possible for your body to give you a positive test, but not release afb egg (maybe stress or illness) so will try again in a day or so.

Charting temps give you data you can analyse, but you only know that you did ovulate. you have no warning and only find our after you have ovulated, which is too late to concieve.
    over time with charting you can learn a pattern of your cycle and can then predict when ovulation is going to occur.

With both, you can get tge warning from opks that your body is geting ready to ovulate, then if also charting, you can confirm you did ovulate.

Does that make sense?? I'm pretty sure thats how it works/my understanding... I'm sure if I'm not correct though, someone may be able to explain it better.

I'm only using opks for the second time this month.... Fx it works! We are dtd every 2nd day, then when opks are almost positive will dtd every day until they have been negative for a couple of days. Fx it works!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Bella20  (07-11-2013)