+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    If she's going to be a b!tch I'd just get your doctor to write a letter saying you need to finish work earlier.
    I wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why can't you? I had to get my Dr to do it coz my boss was being a d!ck even though I ended up admitted to hospital he still wanted me to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Why can't you? I had to get my Dr to do it coz my boss was being a d!ck even though I ended up admitted to hospital he still wanted me to work
    Well I could but for me it wouldn't be honest as my circumstances aren't the same. This is purely for some time off

I've written her a letter asking if we can compromise and if she can let me change my work days, she's not in the office all day so she will only see it tomorrow or late tonight and I am not holding my breath for her to come to the party!

This sucks as we have specifically waited until now as DH dad who is in his mid 70's is needing open heart surgery, he's having a biopsy on Monday 4th to see if his liver will be able to handle the surgery and we hadn't booked a holiday till now (well not booked yet) as we want to be here when he goes in for the surgery. I have explained that in my letter so hopefully she shows a bit of compassion as to why I've left it so late but knowing her she won't care.

So annoying. Anyway, not much I can do about it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given the circumstances I hope she's willing to compromise!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! So my boss rang today and said I could swap my work days, so all good, BUT she's basically told me I have to resign...

She said she wants my resignation letter o finish up on the 24th dec. I was always going to finish up that day but she's never actually spoken to me about my maternity leave at all, so I kinda assumed that she would give me leave etc (not paid) and keep my job open for me.

Clearly not. To be honest I wouldn't have gone back as I've had a lot of issues with her, and although what she's done / said etc in the past was not illegal (but bordering on it - advice from legal aid) it has been completely unethical, but still the OPTION of going back would have been nice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that even legal? I would check your options - but then again is it really worth it if you're not planning on returning?

That sucks doesn't sound like a great boss :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea if its legal or not, probably is due to the fact I haven't worked there for a full 12 months yet? Plus small businesses have different rules and regulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She can't ask you to resign, she has to let you go. Resignation is your decision- not hers. And she can't fire you for being pregnant, that is illegal.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (30-10-2013),MrsSS  (30-10-2013),SAgirl  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    She can't ask you to resign, she has to let you go. Resignation is your decision- not hers. And she can't fire you for being pregnant, that is illegal.
    Well that's what I thought but what about me not being employed there for a full 12 months? Does that make a difference? Does she HAVE to give me mat leave then (unpaid)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Well that's what I thought but what about me not being employed there for a full 12 months? Does that make a difference? Does she HAVE to give me mat leave then (unpaid)?
    No, I don't think she has to unless you've been there 12 months. You can ask for it but she's not obliged. But she still can't make you resign. Have you discussed mat leave with her? I'm not sure how far along you are, are you able to make it to the 12 months before taking leave? If not, she can let you go and fill your position with someone else (it's gets tricky here) because you will be unable to work, but she can't say that you're fired because you're pregnant. She has to let you work as long as you want to, or fire you. She can't tell you to resign by a certain date iykwim. Resignation is something an employee does, not something a boss tells you to do.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-10-2013)