+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Lining View Post
    Couldn't recommend vinyl planks enough!!! Warmer, softer underfoot, long lasting, quieter, easy to look after.
    I personally would not put down floating floor in a place you're hoping to move on from in a few years.
    The only con is that they need to go on a very flat surface.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    This. We replaced the carpet in our lounge room with them. So happy with the result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383022032.786017.jpg this is our timber laminate floor - everyone loves it, we just got the thicker, better quality one and paid to have it installed - they did an awesome job! I think these are 12mm thick rather than the standard 8mm - it makes a huge difference - they look so much better, and it wasn't that much more expensive.
    it's all the way through our house, even in the bedrooms
    We love that it is quiet underfoot, and easy to keep clean. I also would recommend making sure you get a good underlay, I think it makes all the difference
    Last edited by JesskaMay; 29-10-2013 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my landlord put down ****ty laminate last year its crap, impossible to keep clean, cant vacuum, it has holes in it already and i take as good care of it as i can with 2 children at home, considering moving out for the sole purpose of getting better flooring.
    I guess moral of the story is get good laminate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are getting laminate floating floor!! Little bit more $ but worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put timber look vinyl down in our playroom about 3 years ago, because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on flooring for the kids to destroy. I was a bit hesitant at first (grew up with vinyl flooring in the 70's!) but these days it's brilliant. We've had heaps of people mistake it for real floorboards, and three years later it still looks like new. It's quiet and soft, cleans up beautifully and doesn't matter if things get spilt. You can get really hard wearing ones now too, ours has a 20 year guarantee. I honestly don't think you can go past it, especially for a rental. Definitely worth looking at anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would maybe put tiles down. I have lived in two rentals with timber laminate. Like some other people have said it is hard to keep clean, as soon as anyone walks on it even with no shoes it leaves a footprint. It is hard, and does look a little cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We ripped up all the carpet in our bedrooms 3 years ago and had timber laminate floating floors installed. After 3 years they are still ok but I would think they will need to be replaced in another 3.