+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Woe is me thread!!

Now anyone who's read my posts or follows me on Instagram would know I'm a 'suck it up and deal with it'... 'Look for the positives', 'play the hand you're dealt' type of person.

But tonight - I'm feeling really sorry for myself. I'm in pain after my surgery and nothing is combating it. I think I need to go to the doctor as I've only been using over the counter meds cos it hasn't been too painful until recently.

I can't even swallow without it aching through my entire mouth so you can imagine the pain and frustration I've felt tonight looking after my boys, doing homework and getting them to bed.

Tonight I'm not enjoying being a single mummy. I want someone to look after me I've been surviving on around 4 hours sleep a night for about 2 weeks now since my surgery and it's starting to beat me down.

Anyhoo - this isn't normally the spirit I post in. I like to be upbeat and soldier on ... But tonight I'm just licking my wounds so to speak.

Feel free to share if you need a safe place as well.

Thanks for reading my sooky la la post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    The pain you're in sounds excruciating! I wish I lived next door, I'd feed you soup laced with panadeine forte and tuck you into bed for a big sleep.
    I hope you can get to the dr asap and get some better pain management happening xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (28-10-2013),lilypily  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    The pain you're in sounds excruciating! I wish I lived next door, I'd feed you soup laced with panadeine forte and tuck you into bed for a big sleep.
    I hope you can get to the dr asap and get some better pain management happening xx
    Thanks lovely ... The soup laced with meds sounds amazing. I'm sure if I could get something to help me sleep through the pain at night it'd be much more manageable. I don't like to complain ... But I really feel upset about it tonight. So unlike me - must be sleep deprivation coupled with constant pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allow yourself how have a bad night, try and sleep or rest and hopefully tomorrow is a new day. You are doing so well so keep it up single surgical super mumma.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying ladies. I know I'm my own worst enemy in terms of resting etc. I'm such a multi tasker that I don't think I actually have the ability to just sit. I can't even watch a TV show without folding washing/cooking/marking school work at the same time. I really need to learn to relax :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maranoa View Post
    ^^ can you maybe just start small and time say ten minutes on the microwave or something and be 'this is my time to relax breath deep and close my eyes and try to unwind'
    Yeah I should. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can completely understand why people would be tempted to take more pain relief than they should in a given time frame. I just want to sleeeeeeeep

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's definitely sleep deprivation. I would look after you if you were closer as DH is away for work so I miss nurturing an extra person hehe. Poor hun I hope you get better soon or at least get some sleeeeeep xxx