+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cycle returning whilst breastfeeding

I got my first period back when DS was almost 6 months. I am breastfeeding about 6 times a day still along with him being on solids but not during the night as he sleeps through.

My period is now 5 days late and I have done a number of pregnancy test which are negative. My question is how were your subsequent cycles once your period came back? Did you go back to being regular or was it all over the place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After my 1st baby, my cycles were 38 days, then 33 days, then 31 and then I conceived on the next which according to my ovulation predictors, should have been a 28 day cycle.
    There is some good info about returning fertility while breastfeeding on the kellymom website.
    I found my cycles pretty much followed this pattern after all 3 births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine came back one week after I stopped bleeding from the birth, and it was just as regular as ever...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine didn't resume until dd was 15mths but I was still bf. I only had 3 periods before falling preg again and they were all over the shop. I took pregnancy tests so many times (even though I was on the mini pill) as I didn't know what was going on

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got mine back at 6 months with both ds and dd. I fell pregnant when ds was 10 months old and my cycles ranged anywhere from 28 to 36 days (breastfed until 12months) and with dd my cycles range from 28 to 33 days (still breastfeeding). If you are getting negative test I think it's safe to say that breastfeeding is making it late but if you're really worried about it, I'd get a blood test done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. We aren't ttc at the moment but if it happened we wouldn't be upset. I don't think I am pregnant just did the test to make sure. I just don't like being in limbo not knowing when it's coming and when I would be ovulating!