+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how do you store you dvd's?

I think they are ugly on display. We have heaps of them (over 300) and we watch dvd's frequently so we need them easy to get to.
    I just dont know where to put them. We dont really have any room and i cant afford to buy furniture for them.
    ATM they are Piled up in the corner of our bedroom and i HATE IT!!

Any genious ideas to sotre dvd's?
    Feel free to post a pic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a media player. Everything is put on that so no DVDs at all. We have close to 1000 movies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you need the discs out?

We have recently transferred our whole collection to PC for storage and then watch them via USB through the TV. We then sold all the discs. It took ages but its worth it now. We can also take the USB on holidays/away if needed. Just need to make sure to have a backup in case something happens to your PC.

You could go digital and keep the discs packed away if you didn't want to sell them. Previous to going digital we just lined them up on a shelf. You can also get those cabinets that have DVD draws that keep them out of sight. Not sure how many they can hold though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    We have a media player. Everything is put on that so no DVDs at all. We have close to 1000 movies.

hi sorry im a bit tech dumb but do you have to them watch them on a pc? can you still watch them on a TV?

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you need a media centre to store the movies on. We have 2 and about to buy 2 more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have struggled with this dilemma before!

At our previous house I cleared out a couple of kitchen cupboards and stacked them all in there. I made a step shelf out of cardboard so I could store 3 rows of them and still see the titles(see example below).

line+up.jpg

We have recently moved and are yet to unpack all our DVDs, but we are fortunate to have been given a vintage wooden cupboard with glass doors which will be perfect for storing our collection.

If you want to go truly minimal, you can discard all the covers and store them in these:

Laser_96_capacity_CD_DVD_Wallet.gif

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPud View Post
    Do you need the discs out?

We have recently transferred our whole collection to PC for storage and then watch them via USB through the TV. We then sold all the discs. It took ages but its worth it now. We can also take the USB on holidays/away if needed. Just need to make sure to have a backup in case something happens to your PC.

Ok thanks, this might be something we will have to do. Do you need like a massive USB though? so sorry if that doesnt make sense - what i mean is....how do they all fit on a pc/usb memory?.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I have struggled with this dilemma before!

At our previous house I cleared out a couple of kitchen cupboards and stacked them all in there. I made a step shelf out of cardboard so I could store 3 rows of them and still see the titles(see example below).

Attachment 44909

We have recently moved and are yet to unpack all our DVDs, but we are fortunate to have been given a vintage wooden cupboard with glass doors which will be perfect for storing our collection.

If you want to go truly minimal, you can discard all the covers and store them in these:

Attachment 44910
    That case is a good idea!
    Unfortunatley we dont have alot of room for them and dh wont allow anymore furniture for dvd's. The kids toys have taken their original shelving sopt lol and i must say, i prefer looking at baskets of organised toys than ugly dvd's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our media player is plugged into the TV so it goes straight into it. It's like a giant USB stick with it heaps of memory. You do need to be a bit tech savvy and DH does it all but I don't think it is that hard. You plug it in to your pc put the movies on you want with from DVD or 'other' and plug it back in to the TV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YMo7 View Post
    It sounds like you need a media centre to store the movies on. We have 2 and about to buy 2 more.

Can you please share what you use? Could i ask how much you pay for them? Thanks.