+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 125
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,839
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm not a scientist. But these solutions have no active ingredient, they are just water. Common sense dictates that water doesn't have a memory and that a dilution equal to one drop in all the worlds oceans could somehow possibly do something is silly.

    It's a sham. Needing to tap it, saying water remembers. I mean no disrespect to those that use it, but for me, there is no possible way it can work. it's water people!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (29-10-2013),beebs  (30-10-2013),CMF  (29-10-2013),kezanazz  (29-10-2013),lambjam  (29-10-2013)

  3. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,839
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I should add, I do use alternative medicine in the form of herbs like vitex, I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea to improve my uterine lining. But these have active ingredients which have been proven to work. Yoga has been proven to relieve stress, improve flexibility and mental health.

    I actually think a holistic approach is wise. But using proven methods.

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,721
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked
    1,950
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I should add, I do use alternative medicine in the form of herbs like vitex, I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea to improve my uterine lining. But these have active ingredients which have been proven to work. Yoga has been proven to relieve stress, improve flexibility and mental health.

    I actually think a holistic approach is wise. But using proven methods.
    With regard to raspberry leaf tea.. by all means use it (I did myself whilst pregnant, before researching it). Just have to challenge the idea that it has been proven. I did a fair bit of research on it about 14 months ago after I started using it. From memory there were only 2 studies which found any kind of effect - both by the same people. They claimed that the results were statistically significant when they weren't. MAJORLY flawed study, and that's what everyone refers to as evidence.

    I'd love to see more research on it, by people doing decent science. Just wanted to point out that there isn't really scientific evidence to back it currently.

  5. #104
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you on this one. Common sense really. And as Atropos said,if water really has a memory, then you would be putting all kinds of bad things in with the "remedy". Nuclear waste, petroleum, faeces. The list goes on.


    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm not a scientist. But these solutions have no active ingredient, they are just water. Common sense dictates that water doesn't have a memory and that a dilution equal to one drop in all the worlds oceans could somehow possibly do something is silly.

    It's a sham. Needing to tap it, saying water remembers. I mean no disrespect to those that use it, but for me, there is no possible way it can work. it's water people!

  6. #105
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,994
    Thanks
    6,239
    Thanked
    15,889
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    lambjam  (31-10-2013)

  8. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Far far away!
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked
    1,063
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Bahahaha I actually laughed out loud just then!

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,839
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    With regard to raspberry leaf tea.. by all means use it (I did myself whilst pregnant, before researching it). Just have to challenge the idea that it has been proven. I did a fair bit of research on it about 14 months ago after I started using it. From memory there were only 2 studies which found any kind of effect - both by the same people. They claimed that the results were statistically significant when they weren't. MAJORLY flawed study, and that's what everyone refers to as evidence.

    I'd love to see more research on it, by people doing decent science. Just wanted to point out that there isn't really scientific evidence to back it currently.
    Interesting. Is that just in relation to pg or generally? I was under the impression there was proven benefits to improving uterine lining.

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I think we follow the same fb page!

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,721
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked
    1,950
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Interesting. Is that just in relation to pg or generally? I was under the impression there was proven benefits to improving uterine lining.
    With regard to any effect, whatsoever, on anything really.

    As I say, this is from memory. It's possible I've missed something or that there's been further research since... but I was trying pretty hard to find something to back it up since I'd already been convinced to take it at the time :P

  12. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,654
    Thanks
    736
    Thanked
    423
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh believes everything on facebook that says "scientifically proven" and recites random bollocks to me all.the.time. Stuff that makes no sense and can't possibly be true. Drives me crazy!

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. No science minister for the first time since 1931
    By Atropos in forum General Election Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 13:54
  2. Is Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Anti-Science?
    By Maybelline in forum Immunisation & Vaccines
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:43
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 17:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!