+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm disappointed I found out the gender, not the gender itself.
    I had 1 - found out. 2 - surprise. 3 - surprise. 4 - found out, and I wish I had another suprise. Nothing beats it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't get to find out the gender... I had wanted to, but was told he couldn't tell.

I was annoyed for a while... but in the end, I was very glad it was a surprise. So much so that I do not want to know with any future babies... I would rather just wait and see. Then I don't have to spend any time a little miffed, because the moment I find out will also be the moment I have a baby to distract me from the fact that it may not be my first choice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (16-11-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We didn't find out with bub#1 (DS) and were going to keep #2 a surprise as well but when we went in for the 3D scan the baby had her back facing us the entire time so to curb my slight disappointment at not getting a glimpse of her face like I'd hoped, DH let me find out the sex as he knew deep down I was dying to know.
    While keeping it a secret with DS was fun and exciting, finding out the sex with DD was also a very positive and exciting experience as I loved being able to just daydream about my future daughter, start referring to her by name and arrange everything for her genderwise... Yes, iddy biddy baby girl dresses
    I was actually a little bit nervous about having a girl and would have felt a sense of familiarity if they said it was another boy- I imagined another little DS1- but finding out it was a girl threw me- I thought I knew nothing about raising a girl; turns out you feel and treat each baby exactly the same anyway, regardless of their sex.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    We found out at the 19 week anomaly scan. We both decided that we wanted to know so that we could prepare either way. I'm glad we found out because both DP and I were sure she was a he and we were so sure we hadn't even picked out any girl names!

I think we will find out if we have any future children also. I feel it's a surprise no matter when you have it, 20 week scan or at the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A little bit.
    I was so impatient that i couldn't not find out at the time.
    But i do wonder that it would be nice to wait next time even though it would drive me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I likes it. Could develop a closer bond earlier as I knew more about it child.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    for #1 I was hoping for a boy and would be fair to say I was a tiny bit disappointed when I found out at the scan it was DD. Very glad I did find out at 20 week scan though so I could spend the next 20 weeks loving the idea of a girl and never looking back.

I don't know if I'd kept it a secret and hoping for a boy for another 20 weeks whether i'd have that pang of disappointment at the birth instead. I'd have felt so guilty.

So glad I found out and so glad I have my DD. Wouldn't change either for the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'm disappointed I found out the gender, not the gender itself.
    I had 1 - found out. 2 - surprise. 3 - surprise. 4 - found out, and I wish I had another suprise. Nothing beats it.
    Never wanted to find out but the ultrasound dude told me for B and H

("Do you want to know the gender?"
    "No."
    "Ok. It's just that I saw it there and thought I'd ask."
    When you've had a few kids, you know that there's only one thing they can "see" - if it's missing, its a girl! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I found out with my first and while I don't regret it, it doesn't compare to the surprise I had with my second - absolute magic. I didn't want to find out with my third but I had a high risk pregnancy and many, many scans and well, it was kind of hard to miss "it".