+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are you disappointed you found out the gender?

Just wondering if anyone regrets finding out the gender of bub at the 20 week scan?

im finding out tomorrow and really hoping for another DS, I'm worried if I find out It's a girl I'll be disappointed for the next 20 weeks. I know once bub is born I won't care about gender but I still want to be prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was sad when I found out ds2 was a boy. Only because I had my heart set on a girl, wanted the pigeon pair.

I still loved him immensely and couldn't imagine it any different.

For me, finding out helped me deal with my emotions before he was born.

Good luck tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

moosey  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    we did not find out with our first baby. She was a wonderful suprise, nothing will ever top the feeling at birth when you see the gender for yourself.
    We did find out with our second only beause i had a very strong need to be super organised this time. I wanted to strat nursery asap and have it finished early. DD got all nutural coloured things, i was so sick of greens, reds and yellow!! I either wanted to get all of DD's girl things out again to get use out of OR go shopping for a boy!!!
    No one else knew what we were having besides dh and i. So everyone else still got a suprise and got to have little bets with eachother. The technichian did not need to tell us what the gender was, it was very clear. Believe me. No mistaking "those". I was over the moon and i cried and i told DH "ur going to have a son!...one of each....i cant believe this!".
    It was the best secret ive ever kept. I had the nursery blocked off and everything covered up, clothes hidden and i shopped with dh only. It was lovely having our own little secret.
    I really wanted a boy for our 2nd, but if it was to be a girl i would be just as happy. i just wanted to be pregnant again so badly!
    Finding out the gender gave me a head start on bonding with him, imagining him as part of our family, getting used to his name.
    Last edited by Beefie; 28-10-2013 at 12:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found out with both DS and DD and never regretted it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wasn't disappointed. I imagine finding out at the birth would be lovely but IMO it is already so overwhelming and amazing finally holding this tiny person you have made - the sex would be irrelevant to me at that point. So I like having the nice surprise 20 weeks earlier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I found out with both DS and DD and never regretted it.
    Same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a suprise the first time and knew the 2nd time. The suprise was great! Finding out wasn't any less special, we could be more organised, made choosing names slightly easier becasue you only had on gender to focus on.

3rd time around I'm considering a suprise again.. You don't get many exciting suprises in life. Though I think i'm going to have the tech write the sex on paper in a sealed envelope and we can cave if we want to in privacy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With our first two we didn't find out ( DD and DS) then we got pregnant with twins and the lady doing the scan asked if we wanted to know and we didn't, so she asked us to look away, but we couldn't stand that they knew more about our babies than we did, so we found out DD and DS we regretted it, we loved the surprise of finding out at the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pg with DS I thought he was going to be a girl. I'm truly grateful I found out then and not at the birth because it gave me 20 more weeks to get to know HIM and not "it" or "her", before he arrived.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

ExcitedMummyxxx  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew the first time and have not found our second time around, plus side is I'm very excited about the birth because I will find out what it is and also just not knowing adds another element to it, it's fun. Negative side is I can't be organised like I was first time, nothing's ready! But that could mean I'm just more relaxed this time. I'm happy I don't know this time as I'm not having any more, so I've had both experiences they way. It's a personal choice.