+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My eldest who is now 12 does not like to be touched or comforted when hurt or upset. I always felt maybe it was me and maybe I didn't comfort enough as a toddler etc but as time went on it we realised its a sensory issue. He is on the spectrum. When something happens and he gets hurt he will run to his room and want to be alone. So I just will ask how he is, is there anything I can get for him like a cold
    pack, bandaid or face washer? (sometime ill stand outside his door and ask so that he has his space)
    Then he will come and see me and show me he is hurt. The most i can do then is rub his back while empathising how it would have felt and say "you poor thing, that would have hurt so much".
    Last edited by Lovejoypeace; 28-10-2013 at 15:24.

My son cOuld very well be on the spectrum but he's 14 months old. I have seen a paediatrician who believes he is fine at this stage as there is nothing really obvious just lots of little things that I guess could be normal. He loves affection at other times as he randomly comes for cuddles.

Similar Threads

1. Comfort Feeding?
    By DarcyJ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 11:04
  2. comfort feeding
    By Little Miss Muffet in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 12:23
  3. 'Comfort crying'
    By harvs in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9