+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your child let you comfort them?

Just curious what other toddlers are like. If my son us hurt/tired he won't anyone comfort him. He doesn't want anyone near him. Eg he got his finger caught in the cupboard and was crying but when I went to pick him up he just kept pushing me away. What can I do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 4yp is the same with most injuries unless really bad, we just let it be. He will tell us if its really bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds2 was/is like this. He prefers to deal with it himself. As he's gotten older he's more accepting of cuddles. He's 4 now.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our little chap lets us comfort him when he is hurt.

It's nice because he's not one of those overly affectionate kids who gives out hugs all the time. I love comforting him

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    2/3 let me comfort them. Ds#2 screams "dont touch me!" And wont let me near him.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had suspicions in the past that he could possibly be on the spectrum but there's nothing really obvious. Do you think this could be a red flag??

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Um. Im not sure, i know that my ds has sensory processing disorder and is very averse to touch even when he isnt hurt.
    So when he is hurt a cuddle would make him feel a whole lot worse.

Go with your gut, if you think there might be something, then go to your gp. If you already have a paediatrician then skip gp and go from there

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is getting better at letting us comfort her as she gets older. She was never a "cuddly bub". Hated baby slings/carriers. Hated when relos would pick her up and embrace her or force a cuddle out of her.
    We usually just have to ask her if she wants a cuddle or a kiss when she's upset or hurt herself.
    She's a very stubborn and independant little one! - i just have to respect her personal space and be there for her if or when ever she needs me.

DS on the other hand, is of course the complete oposite. Seperation anxiety to the MAX we have going on!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Ds2 was/is like this. He prefers to deal with it himself. As he's gotten older he's more accepting of cuddles. He's 4 now.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    yes this is my DD. she gets over it a whole lot quicker on her own. Cuddles make it worse sometimes.
    Now, she does come to me for random cuddles and has her own way of being affectionate but has never been too clingy.
    She over doeses her little bother on the cuddles...but he's always upset about something....usually about me going to the loo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    So far one who likes comfort and one who doesn't. My DS2 who has SPD thrives on touch and comfort but only from myself, DH and DS1. If anyone else touches him, its on for young and old lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app