+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Switching IVF clinics with frozen embryos - implications?

Anyone had an experience swapping clinics? Interested in what you get transferred (file notes?)? Do you have to get retested, is it more expensive?

What is the process for transferring your embryo, how can you be sure it won't be compromised?

Any tips?

I'm in Perth but I'm sure the principles are the same oz-wide...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sharlie

I have transferred clinics in the same city. We got a copy of our complete file from FS as well as a report regarding all the lab work (fertilisation, defrost etc) for our embies. We had that given to us then made a copy for our new clinic.

I didnt have any frosties left so cant comment on transferring them but do know of people who have transferred embies and/or frozen sperm. I believe they paid a fee and signed a disclaimer?

We had some basic retesting at the new clinic (current bloods for infection etc) but not all the genetics etc as they had that info in my file.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps my tip get a copy of your file yourself so you can add to your medical records x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We transferred our frozen embies from one clinic to another (about 1.5 hours away). Had to fill in and sign a bunch of paperwork for both clinics. Then the new clinic arranged the transport. I was told I would have to pay a fee but never ended up being charged for it. Our embies survived the trip and made it there safely. One of them is now my almost 2 year old.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we moved ours twice! Once between clinics in the same group and then 6 months later to a completely different clinic within Sydney and one of those embies is now our 4 month old DD

Everyone has described the process above as we experienced it, i.e. paying a fee, paperwork between clinics and signing a disclaimer to say you accept there is a theoretical risk to the embies during transportation but remember embies are moved successfully across the world all the time. I rang the clinic we transferred our embies to the last time and spoke at length to the embryologist who went through in detail how they manage the process (including putting them in new culture medium) and I was very reassured.
    Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, ladies.

Still in the 2WW but I am less than impressed with my clinic at the moment.

It helps to understand next steps and that I'm not trapped if I get a BFN this round (which, honestly feels likely right now). x