+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really! My neices/nephews did it recently and all loved it. I guess it depends if you get someone good to help as the lady there made it into a game. I saw a kids party in there and the kids were singing a special song and all hyped (although that could be sugar related lol).

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Big hits for us (because we have a squillion kids) are bowling/laser tag vouchers, movie ticket vouchers, passes to animal park type places, amusement parks etc. the kids love it and it enables us to take them out for a fun day at obviously a much lower cost

For adults, I'm one that finds standard gift vouchers kind of impersonal. I don't mind them, I just always feel like there isn't a lot of thought behind them. Sometimes they are really appropriate (to post as a gift, for a specialty store the person likes as opposed to Coles or Dan Murphy's, if it's someone you don't know all that well) but experience type vouchers are great- like a scoopon type thing for a nice dinner out (with a babysitter thrown in ) or a day spa type thing or something more unusual (cake deco class, harbour cruise, salsa lesson, canoe hire and picnic etc)

As an adult i have loved and appreciated "experience" gifts.
    A group of 15 ppl had put in for a bday sky dive - DH did this with me. AMAZING.
    concert tickets
    Circ de solei (sorry about spelling)
    food and wine festival tickets
    winery tasting and tour
    comedy gala tickets
    fun runs
    gold class movie tickets
    wild life park day pass - like werribee zoo
    zoo pass for a family or for 2 adults

As for kids, i have always HATED plastic crap! i love strudy toys, preferably made from wood. Wood to me means quality and long life.
    I like educational gits, that grow with the child - like a big beautiful floor puzzle.
    Beautiful handmade dolls for boys and girls - which can be found on ebay for $40 inc postage!
    I HATE gender specific toys and colours
    Anything that encourages imagination, learning with play is green light for me!