+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do they like gardening? One year, my cousin gave me a basket filled with all different pots of herbs and a herb growing guide. I thought it was a fantastic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Okay...so I HATE giving crappy gifts. I've been racking my brain as to what to get some close friends and their children this year. We don't buy for many people so it can be something decent in price. Children are boy of 4 and girl of 6. Couple are in their early 30s.

What sort of presents did you really appreciate receiving or think was a great gift for your child?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I once got a Jamie Oliver cookbook with some of the key ingredients for one of the recipes & a platter to serve it on. Loved that.

I find any gift that follows a theme is fab. So zoo passes with a disposable camera & a book about animals. Or a bottle of wine with a fancy stopper and a picnic rug. Doesn't have to be overly pricey but just shows you have put some thought into it & feels special.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get visa giftcards every birthday from my nanna-in-law which is in December and I'm usually broke from Christmas present shopping! Always nice to be able to buy something to wear for Christmas or get my hair done!

People usually fail at buying me gifts - I get lots of trinkety things and I have no where to display them! I'm happy with practical things like new bath towels or bunnings vouchers so I can do things around home. I'm thinking I'll hint at vouchers for spotlight or curtain wonderland this year so I can buy new curtains!

My sister loves to cook so I buy her a cooking magazine subscription for her birthday so she gets to enjoy it year round!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Oooh that's tricky. Are you looking to buy a present for the whole family or individual gifts? Do you know what sort of things the kids already have?

I'm going to go against the grain here and say although I loveeee books everyone seems to buy them for kids and you end up with too many!! DD is 3 and has a stupid amount of books. Does my head in! They are just as bad as toys in our house lol.

Is there any family entertainment/holiday destinations in your state? I'm in QLD and you can often get cheap 2 adults and 2 kids deals on a night stay at a resort plus theme park entry. Creating family memories is a great gift
    Looking at buying individual gifts or can combine the adult gift if it's a good one. They already have cinema tickets to use at the moment, their children have a stack of board games and books already.

Unfortunately we're in NSW - so not a lot of places to get passes to at the moment.

Their DD has girly lego but doesn't play with it.

The garden herbs is a good idea. Was thinking perhaps some earrings for their DD, but also something to play with.

Thinking we will go lego for the boy though.

A dinner voucher out somewhere nice we've done before for them, but a night away could be a good possibility.

They don't drink which wipes any of that out.

Thank you so much for your suggestions - keep them coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think family tickets have always been the most used presents.

Entry to a theme park, zoo, attraction, etc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (28-10-2013),mrswhitehouse  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved our family zoo pass that we received for Christmas last year!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013),mrswhitehouse  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tickets to a show, voucher for family experiences (theme park etc). For me personally I love a voucher for nails or massage - something pampering

For little ones you could get a voucher for the Teddy Bears workshop so they can go and make one together?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013),mrswhitehouse  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tickets to the zoo are a possibility.

Oooh - I've never heard of a teddy bear's workshop - tell me more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.buildabear.com.au/ I really want to do this one day

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    http://www.buildabear.com.au/ I really want to do this one day
    My DS did it when he was in daycare. It's really not that exciting. The bear has a zipper on it's back where you open it, then you put the stuffing in, zip it back up, get your adoption cerificate and your done..lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app