+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What sort of presents have you appreciated?

Okay...so I HATE giving crappy gifts. I've been racking my brain as to what to get some close friends and their children this year. We don't buy for many people so it can be something decent in price. Children are boy of 4 and girl of 6. Couple are in their early 30s.

What sort of presents did you really appreciate receiving or think was a great gift for your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on how much you are looking at spending.
    DH and I received a few gift vouchers for our birthdays this year. Not for Coles/myer, but for SA shorts holiday voucher, or voucher for a nice restaurant, and a voucher for a room at a nice hotel.
    We have also received babysitting vouchers with a promise by the giver to babysit for us a certain amount of times.

I got a couple if massage and spa vouchers.

Kids - I love giving books, or a toy to inspire imaginative play.

Boy - you could look at a maze run or Lego. My boy loves cars, so matchbox cars or outdoor toys are great. Or bug catcher.

Girl - maybe a craft box. Depends if she us an outdoors type girl/sporty, you could even look at totem tennis.
    I think lalopsy dolls are meant to be popular, otherwise you probably wouldn't go wrong getting her dome Smiggle.
    Last edited by moongazer; 27-10-2013 at 19:33.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always appreciate books for DS and that's what I buy for all my nieces and nephews. I spend lots of time trawling bookstores/the book depository to find ones they'd love.

With the adults, I don't know, I'm really tough to buy for. I like vouchers as I don't like stuff to clog up my house. I recently got plants for my birthday and was stoked tho.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Different situation but as a single mum the best gift I've received was a day spa voucher, it was amazing to have time to myself!

For my DD that's tough! Probably books, her cabbage patch doll and a gorgeous money box. The money box is great as she puts all her change in it (I let her have the coins out of the trolley when we return it) and she loves filling it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave skateboards to all the kids this year. They loved them. I always like things for the kids they can make or do. Craft things. Not just toys they already have a million of.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love getting bras n things vouchers. I can never justify spending alot of money on bras and undies so i love the guilt free shopping.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoppyLoppy For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh that's tricky. Are you looking to buy a present for the whole family or individual gifts? Do you know what sort of things the kids already have?

I'm going to go against the grain here and say although I loveeee books everyone seems to buy them for kids and you end up with too many!! DD is 3 and has a stupid amount of books. Does my head in! They are just as bad as toys in our house lol.

Is there any family entertainment/holiday destinations in your state? I'm in QLD and you can often get cheap 2 adults and 2 kids deals on a night stay at a resort plus theme park entry. Creating family memories is a great gift

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lego

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love year long passes to zoos, wildlife parks, fishing licences, national park entries etc. Gives me a whole year of activity. I did prefer the national park pass though as it allowed me the chance to teach my ds about littering, taking care of nature, thinking about recycling, the benefits of being still and watching wildlife and I recently explained to him the basics of bushfires all from a national park pass. Such a great gift.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For myself the best one ever was the slow cooker. For DD Lego is always a winner. As a family present board games or a double pass to the cinema is great.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Secret of Cleo For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)