+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Easy peasy Christmas menu ideas!

So having a freak out about the. 30 people coming to my house for Christmas. Three days before 50 people come for my sons first birthday! I am sure I am not the only one who would love to hear others quick , easy but always a hit Christmas food ideas and tips to make it a little easier for the poor hosts! I want to enjoy the day with my kiddies and not be stressed out! Would love things I can do the day before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!! That sounds like an amazing Christmas! Are you putting on all the food or is everyone contributing? I think people would need to know before they can provide a good answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will put on most of the food . Others will just bring a plate . Which is usually a potato salad that is cooked potato and a squeezey bottle of mayo for the host to prepare. My inlaws will probably do most of the meats so mainly just side dishes , desserts, special treats. ( I am more of a steak bad prawn on the BBQ gal but the inlaws are the cooked meal full on deal... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on what you want to eat. A cold Christmas lunch will be quicker to prepare than a hot lunch.

You could start with something really simple like cold prawns & dipping sauces
    Main meal: cold ham, turkey, chicken etc with some salads & a bread basket
    Dessert: pavlova, fresh fruit, plum pudding.

Almost everything can be made the day before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Foods that can be prepared the day or even a few days before are awesome! I'd probably also do a huge potato bake with sliced tomato, zucchini and onion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps 30 people is a lot to have a cooked meal for!!

I'd do a BBQ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have a slow cooker? You can put a turkey/chicken in the night before and it will be ready to go in the morning. Then I just put it on the keep warm function until I need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day before I would prepare a cheesecake and have all of the toppings for a pav and trifle ready. If you want to save time with the pav buy a ready made base from Coles or Cheesecake recipe and top with thickened cream and diced stone fruit before serving. Trifle is so easy to put together beforehand. Look on taste.com.au.! You could also do a layered ice cream cake. Line a tin with glad wrap and soften one flavour and add chopped chocolate lollies through it. Freeze till slightly firm then add another layer freeze and add another layer. Pop out on a plate and drizzle with chocolate and silver cachous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    Do you have a slow cooker? You can put a turkey/chicken in the night before and it will be ready to go in the morning. Then I just put it on the keep warm function until I need it
    Oh yes I forgot you can do roast stuff in the SC! Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing!