+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How would you feel??

Ok so mostly I'm am just wanting to see if I am overreacting so here goes...

If you had a brother or sister that lived interstate (you haven't seen them for 10 months) and they came to a wedding but flew in and it of the airport less than 10km from you and spent time shopping near by. Would you be p'd off/ annoyed I they didn't even bother to see if you waned to meet at the shops or airport for even a quick catch up..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They didn't want to see you at all? Even if you went to meet them?

I'd be on the phone sorting stuff out with them. That to me seems strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not at all! I was told that they would be too busy. Obviously not..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be upset. I live away from my siblings and would be devastated if they were visiting nearby but didn't make an attempt to catch up.
    They could have even got you to take them from the airport to their accommodation so you could see them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be upset but my family live half away away and don't visit or call so I now consider myself an only child. With no other family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This happens often with my in-laws who often come to Sydney and do not tell DH that they are there. They literally drive down the motorway (2km from our house) and go visit friends instead.

It upsets DH, but he has learned that they simply do not care that much about us. He does wish he had a brother who gave a cr@p, sure, but we have a pretty solid relationship with some close friends, they are better than family half the time anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sil (DH's brother's wife) does this frequently & it really bothers me. She comes here for almost any reason, friend's birthdays, catch ups, hens nights etc, yet she didn't even RSVP to my baby shower or DH's 40th. We found out she wasn't coming when his brother said she will be in Brisbane but is going to a Hen's night instead (she wasn't even invited to the wedding).

And.....when she finds out she will not be DD2's godmother she will crack it big time, she probably won't even show at the Baptism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm probably not much help. I lived in the same town as my entire family my whole life - one if my sisters I haven't seen in over a year.

I now live 20 minutes away and there's no way they could be bothered making a trip, not even after I had surgery, not even for my birthday. My friends treat me better than my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That's a bit weird for me. If it wasn't for the shopping bit I might have believed he was a bit busy though...

It sounds like he probably doesn't really care much. How is the communication at other times?

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a sister who lives 1.5 hours from me. She has been within 5km of my house no less then 10 times in the 7.5 months my sone has been alive. Not once has she popped into to say hi, called to see if we are home, or asked us to meet her to see the baby.. She's been written off from my family now.. Including our mother who I live with.

Most of those 10 times she has been driving past to go to the airport to see our other sister.