+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Breast pumps - unimom forte v double allegro

I'm returning to work 3 days a week shortly and in need of a double breast pump. I will be commuting by train so I'm in need of some help as to which of these pumps would be best? I know the forte is hospital grade but it was brought to my attention in another thread that the forte is not really commuter friendly due to the size, but I am concerned the pumping power of the allegro won't be strong enough. I am currently using the avent electric pump.

Dd is 5 months old and feeds fairly frequently so I need as much milk as I can get.

Anyone with any experience with either of these pumps if you could give me some tips it would be most appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump - does anyone have either of these pumps who can help with some info?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm, are you pumping on the train or taking the pump to work to pump?? (yes, smarty question... )

I had a forte and it was great. Has a handle on top so you can carry it, though it is relatively heavy. I think it was better than my swing but had electrical issues with mine.

Sorry I can't help with the other!

sent from my magical device

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd pump on the train if it was acceptable LOL

I think I'll leave it at work and keep my avent electric to use at home. Is it bulky or just heavy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got the allegro and the box itself is small and light, it's the pump and bottle part that is more cumbersome, but that said it will all fit in a bag easily, especially if pulled apart (really easy to put together)

I've only ever used it as a single but found the level of suction great, have never gone to the highest levels

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks pixie so hard to choose lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Pixie83  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    I'm returning to work 3 days a week shortly and in need of a double breast pump. I will be commuting by train so I'm in need of some help as to which of these pumps would be best? I know the forte is hospital grade but it was brought to my attention in another thread that the forte is not really commuter friendly due to the size, but I am concerned the pumping power of the allegro won't be strong enough. I am currently using the avent electric pump.

Dd is 5 months old and feeds fairly frequently so I need as much milk as I can get.

Anyone with any experience with either of these pumps if you could give me some tips it would be most appreciated
    Hi
    Which pump did you eventually get? If you don't mind my asking
    I have the unimom forte but am also thinking it might be too heavy to lug around
    I return to work in march
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi QueenKaks,
    If it helps, I bought both the Allegro and the Forte (the older model, it may have changed sin. I used the Forte at home and the Allegro at work. The Allegro is great with portability. You've got to be careful not to drop it, though! I broke one by dropping it accidentally as it's not as sturdy as the Forte. It's very small and light, though, so I bought another one as it really was the best choice for work.

I found the biggest difference was the sucking action. The Forte has a constant suck-suck-suck rhythm. The Allegro rests between each sucking set (suck-suck-suck - rest - suck-suck-suck - rest). It took a while for my boobs to get used to the different actions! Once they did I found they both worked equally well for pumping good amounts of milk.

Hope this helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

QueenKaks  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilWombatQueen View Post
    Hi QueenKaks,
    If it helps, I bought both the Allegro and the Forte (the older model, it may have changed sin. I used the Forte at home and the Allegro at work. The Allegro is great with portability. You've got to be careful not to drop it, though! I broke one by dropping it accidentally as it's not as sturdy as the Forte. It's very small and light, though, so I bought another one as it really was the best choice for work.

I found the biggest difference was the sucking action. The Forte has a constant suck-suck-suck rhythm. The Allegro rests between each sucking set (suck-suck-suck - rest - suck-suck-suck - rest). It took a while for my boobs to get used to the different actions! Once they did I found they both worked equally well for pumping good amounts of milk.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you!
    I've been kicking myself for not getting the double allegro in the first place although i love my forte
    I'll get the allegro cos as you said it really is the best choice for work
    Cheers