+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I once used 1/4 cup of bicarb soda in a cake instead of 1/4 teaspoon...
    Did NOT taste good!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (29-10-2013),Kiplusthree  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Not a cooking fail (although I have plenty of those too) but took DD to a walk in dr clinic, the receptionist asked for her birthday and I had no idea - thought for a while and remembered the month and gave a day that seemed right (that I later realised was wrong), then she says 'what year' (in a real snotty tone) and I had to count backwards because I wasn't sure.
    In my defence I had been looking after a very sick child alone for 3 days, with two other children also and I was extremely sleep deprived.
    I have also forgotten my age, how to spell my son's name and various other simple things I should know due to lack of sleep. It's a wonder I function at all really :/
    I stuff my kids' birth dates up all the time! And when DS2 was a newby I'd have to pause and really think for at least a minute when people asked what his name was! (Who am I kidding, 6 months on and I still do it!). I got the spelling of DS2's middle name wrong on his birth certificate, but luckily realised before I sent if off.

Another time my BIL and I had to rush my sister to the dr's office to get a shot to stop her spewing (gastro) so they could get on their flight back to Melb. She sat down in the waiting room with her head in a bucket while BIL & I gave her details to the receptionist. When asked for her DOB we both kind of looked at each other blankly. He rattled off some random date, I'm like, no, I think it's *insert another wrong date*. My poor sister got up and yelled in the busy waiting room 'oh FFS you two, it's *insert correct birth date*' then promptly put her head back in her bucket!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL got FIL's name and their wedding date tattood on her arm.

Except she got the date wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I stuff my kids' birth dates up all the time! And when DS2 was a newby I'd have to pause and really think for at least a minute when people asked what his name was! (Who am I kidding, 6 months on and I still do it!). I got the spelling of DS2's middle name wrong on his birth certificate, but luckily realised before I sent if off.

Another time my BIL and I had to rush my sister to the dr's office to get a shot to stop her spewing (gastro) so they could get on their flight back to Melb. She sat down in the waiting room with her head in a bucket while BIL & I gave her details to the receptionist. When asked for her DOB we both kind of looked at each other blankly. He rattled off some random date, I'm like, no, I think it's *insert another wrong date*. My poor sister got up and yelled in the busy waiting room 'oh FFS you two, it's *insert correct birth date*' then promptly put her head back in her bucket!
    I can never remember my husbands year of birth, and counting backwards doesn't work because I usually can't remember how old he is either!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (28-10-2013),Mulva  (28-10-2013),VicPark  (28-10-2013)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had plenty of cooking fails! But my best fail was on a kids motorbike. My DFs little brother (was 3) got a peewee motorbike for Xmas, got straight on and rode it, as did everyone else. After much convincing I got on (not advisable wearing shorts and sandals) pulled the throttle on hard, went launching across the front yard, started sliding sideways then fell off...all while DF was holding my ponytail in An attempt to "save" me. To make it worse, there were about 30 neighbors socializing in the street... Big fail!

My mum had a good fail recently, she made custard for dessert. DF and I took a mouthful at the same time and spat. It out at the same time. Mum looked like she would kill us, until she tasted it herself and we realized she had used salt instead of sugar.... Massive fail...yuk!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eco Goddess For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (29-10-2013),My Beloved Ones  (28-10-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    That made me laugh so hard ...sorry, really should show some compassion
    I can laugh about it today. I wasn't ready last night :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boiling eggs, stuff it up without fail, it's quite upsetting because I'm a very competent cook, but boiled eggs beat me every time

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (28-10-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There is not enough time in the world to list mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Boiling eggs, stuff it up without fail, it's quite upsetting because I'm a very competent cook, but boiled eggs beat me every time

Get your water boiling rapidly, gently lower your egg into the water (I use a spoon), then put the timer on for 8 minutes for slightly soft centres and 10 minutes for firm centres. Then immediately tip the hot water out and cover them in cold water to stop them cooking. Works perfectly for me!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (28-10-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    There is not enough time in the world to list mine
    Saaaaaame