+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone preg with vp shunt?

Hi everyone,

I am seeking out mums or mums to be with shunts to get some advice on pregnancy and birthing experiences. I have a vp shunt that I've had since I was 14wks old, not preg yet but doing some research....did you have a csec or vb? Did you have any complications? Did you get a prescribed dose of folic acid or just over the counter?

thanks in advance
    kat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody at all out there??! Would love some insight :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be asking your GP for a referral to your hospitals obstetric department for an antenatal counseling appointment where you can discuss any additional risks and precautions that a pregnancy with your condition may involve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply :-) I am certainly planning on doing that a little closer to when we are TTC, but still hopeful someone out there has some advice too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure is, I only knew the name of my shunt lol. How did things go for you?? Thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the information glad to have someone who has experience with it all! Yes, I hope to find a relaxed ob too, think I have my list narrowed down sorry to hear about your first bub, but glad your other two went well hopefully I won't have any problems when the time comes!!

Lumbar shunt sounds interesting...so different to mine and mine was put in 25 years ago too! Only had one revision do far, so I guess mine's been ok...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yea, fair enough. Have done a fair bit of reading too, the American study on shunted mothers in pregnancy/child birth is interesting reading