+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has day-to-day changed much since bfp??

I feel like I have no life that this ms and fatigue will never end - and this is my 3rd pregnancy so I should know it will. But when?!?!
    I drag myself out of bed, manage to fix breakfast and make lunch for kids and then consider what I can face. Usually try and do washing, shopping, essentials after school run then home to flop down on sofa exhausted. My 4 year old plays or watches tv, I drag him to school to pick up big sis, then I'm back on the sofa and they are making a mess everywhere. I need notice to get up to get them snacks! I pull myself together to get dinner ready, get through bath, stories, bed in a haze, watch an hour of TV and then go to bed! Our house is such a pigsty there are toys and crayons, paper strewn everywhere. My kids have no play dates and are stuck home with grumpy mum. We haven't told anyone so I try and put on this act of normality to the few people I see. I know I was sick in my other pregnancies but I don't remember it being this hard!
    Ugh sorry for the self pity moan! I should be happy now that I know I don't have hep b (funny blood test result couple of weeks ago, all clear, medical anomaly). I just feel so crappy I could scream! But screaming would take more energy than I have ;-)
    just curious as to whether other first trimesters have found their life a bit upside down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first and halfway through the 2nd trimester has been like this for number 3 as well. Im the same 4 year old ds home with me 6 year old dd at school.

Its the fatigue that kills me the nausea went around 11 weeks, its creeping back now im 35 weeks. But if I didnt know I was preg early on I would be demanding every test under the sun as I felt like I was dying. Still do some days. I get light headed and just a spaced out feeling very often and I really need to concentrate in order to do simple things. Like you need notice to get up and attend to the kids.

Im putting it down to my age lol. Im 5 years older this time! Im 31! Medically apart from having gd im fine. Pregnancy never bothered me symptom wise with the other 2. I could have done anything pregnant, only got tired towards the end.

I hope things improve for you, I felt really good from 19 weeks until about 33weeks. All the best x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finding round two harder to manage than round one, so I can only imagine how you feel with two little people to look after! How far along are you OP? (Sorry if you mentioned and I didn't see!) I've found around week 8 I got a little break from feeling crap but now at week 9 it's returning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mia..I'm 40 so age is definitely a factor for me!! I slept for 10 hours last night and feel slightly human but not out of bed yet! Really hope mine clears for second trimester we have big overseas trip booked since start of year... Not long for you now at least :-)
    Skull... I'm 9 weeks too! I have the odd hour or two where I start to feel ok and think it might be ending but seems to come back with vengeance! Definitely all day nausea and not even predictable - some days worst in the morning others the evening. I'm online shopping this week and gonna take it easy and not feel guilty and just hope this ms doesn't drag on too much longer!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 19 weeks and the fatigue is still getting to me. Monday morning is the hardest to get out of bed and get going, I just feel so run down. 2 kids to get organised for school and then being at a job where I'm constantly on my feet doesn't help. I don't remember pregnancy ever being this hard before and can't wait to finish up work at the end of the year so I can have more downtime.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Megan4 For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my day-to-day has definitely changed!!
    I'm meant to start work at 7:30, which means leaving home at 7.. I'm lucky if I can get out of bed at 7!!
    I can no longer survive on 6 hours sleep, I need 8-10..
    I nap.. I nap so much!! And I can't just have a one hour nap to re-energize, it's usually about 3 hours..
    And eating..? You can probably forget that.. If I do eat it's very boring, bland and not very nutritious..

For me the big changes are:
    - Age, I am 5 years older than my first pregnancy
    - Having a daughter to run around after.. Though being almost 6 she is very dependent, she still can't cook her own dinner lol
    - Work. First pregnancy I had a casual job, maybe 30 hours a week, starting later in the day as well. This time I am full time and starting early so I can finish in time for the school run.

You're definitely not alone!!