+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Funeral wear and arrival

What does one wear to a funeral? I am attending a funeral next week for one of my residents who passed this week. His family are very lovely and i know they would appriciate if i went as it would help his wife to grieve.

Also it starts at 10:30am. What time would i arrive? Was thinking 10am but is that too early? I met many of the family so can give my condolences to them. I was also his main carer apart from the last 3wks as i was moved into a different area but i would pop over to see the family when they visited and also my resident when i had the chance.

Normally i wouldnt attend a funeral of a resident but i feel i should this time and not sure of what to wear, time to arrive etc. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just something dark in colour and if it starts at 10.30 then I'd get there at around 10.15-10.20.

I think its lovely that you're attending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would arrive early and sit in the car for a bit around the corner. I would go in about 10 minutes before. Often you speak to family afterwards.

I always wear neat attire to a funeral, dress, skirt or slacks and a nice knitted
    Top. Nothing overly bright (not a hot pink dress) but a bit of
    Color is okay.

Good luck it's very kind of you to go, I'm
    Sure the family will appreciate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unless other wise specified, generally I wear a nice pair of long pants with a nice dressy black shirt.

My mil's funeral was a couple of weeks ago and I wore a knee length black dress that had a thick white stripe across the bottom, and pretty sandal/dress thongs. The boys (hubby and the other pall bearers) wore nice jeans and a dress shirt.

As for arrival, if its at 10.30, I would get there around 10.15.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandma's carer came to her funeral, she probably arrived about 10mins prior to the start time & she wore her work uniform. Most of our family went and thanked her for caring for grandma,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    My grandma's carer came to her funeral, she probably arrived about 10mins prior to the start time & she wore her work uniform. Most of our family went and thanked her for caring for grandma,
    I was thinking maybe i should wear my uniform perhaps?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A little colour is ok these days (just nothing overly bright IYKWIM). If you want to wear your uniform that's fine, it may help other family members understand your presence there.

I'd walk in about 10.15-10.20. You can give your condolences after the service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been to 2 funerals. My grandfather and my foster fathers. On both occasions I wore their favourite colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    A little colour is ok these days (just nothing overly bright IYKWIM). If you want to wear your uniform that's fine, it may help other family members understand your presence there.

I'd walk in about 10.15-10.20. You can give your condolences after the service.
    Exactly this. I don't think there is any need to wear black, but I would dress fairly conservatively or 'under stated'. I went to a funeral a couple of weeks ago and wore beige trousers and a navy blue shirt...though my options were fairly limited as I had just had a baby!

I'd arrive about 10 minutes before the ceremony.

When you arrive there are often attendance cards to fill out and leave in a box so that the family know who was there without having to try and remember. Perhaps on your card after your name you could write the name of the place you work (I.e. The hospital or nursing home or whatever) so the family know who you are as they may not recognise your surname.

It sounds like a really nice gesture to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are told to wear our uniform. Our uniforms are bright and rainbow coloured lol, but we are still told to wear it so that the family and friends know who we are.