+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Work for the dole

Has anyone here ever worked for the dole? What did you do and for how often and how long? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I haven't but a girl I went to TAFE with has been in admin in an aged care home for this whole year so far.
    I always though of it as digging ditches and picking up rubbish but I guess there are other options.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I did it while pregnant and on Youth Allowance. I spend 6 hours a day picking buttons off donated shirts at Lifeline and putting them in jars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I haven't but a girl I went to TAFE with has been in admin in an aged care home for this whole year so far.
    I always though of it as digging ditches and picking up rubbish but I guess there are other options.

Wow, has she thought about approaching them for a full time job?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Wow, has she thought about approaching them for a full time job?

Her job network provider is paying for her to do a few modules out of a certificate. Not sure where it will all go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I did it while pregnant and on Youth Allowance. I spend 6 hours a day picking buttons off donated shirts at Lifeline and putting them in jars.
    That reminds me, a lady I use to work with, her husband use to run a work for the dole scheme. It involved removing brand name labels from tinned food and replacing them with generic labels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Her job network provider is paying for her to do a few modules out of a certificate. Not sure where it will all go from there.
    See now this sounds like the most practical way to go about newstart/centrelink payments for unemployed.

She still receives payments benefits but is also getting work experience and some qualifications that will hopefully lead to getting a position somewhere.

OP I have a friend that did kitchen dishes for a restaurant as part of work for the dole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    See now this sounds like the most practical way to go about newstart/centrelink payments for unemployed.

She still receives payments benefits but is also getting work experience and some qualifications that will hopefully lead to getting a position somewhere.

OP I have a friend that did kitchen dishes for a restaurant as part of work for the dole.
    They paid for her to do a cert III and IV last year and that got her nowhere. The only reason she wouldn't continue on with the diploma is because her job network provider wouldn't pay for it.
    She is the type of person who will probably always be on welfare despite how much help is thrown at her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent, but supervised many work for the dole people.

I worked in childcare, we would have one person for the year, volunteer as a student one day a week, while they were doing a cert II or III. they got hands on experience. And it helped us as we could get them to do dishes, clean up, cut up art stuff, supervise painting (while we were there too) etc... They generally got jobs either with us, or elsewhere......well, the ones who actually turned up each week like they were meant too.... The others were requested to find something else.

My sil had to volunteer at the rspca animal shelter, walking the dogs, cleaning the animal areas, handling the animals and feeding them. They also paid for her to do rsa, food handlers, materials for cert III childrens services (which she dropped out of), and shes now doing an intro into community services fully funded.... She has no intention to get a job, or even try to. Its such a waste of taxpayers money, on her anyway...

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did years ago. I would go and work in an op shop 2 days a week. I didn't mind as I was volunteering at another op shop on other days.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app