+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I second a Le Crueset pot. We have had one for 8 years and use it t least once a week, sometimes 2-3 times. It is awesome because you can start cooking on the stove, then put it into the oven, and I you have leftovers you can put the whole thing in the fridge (once it has cooked down). You can then get it out the next night and put it in the oven and heat it up again.

I also like my kitchen aid but only use it once a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For drinking glasses just go ikea or Kmart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    A dishwasher (if it doesn't come with one). No way am I ever going without one again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the dishwasher and also the dyson.
    I would also suggest a dyson handheld stick vacuum. Better suction than other brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Love my kitchen aid mixer. I'm going to get the ice cream attachment this summer.

We have esteele saucepans which are great, but the rubber handle gets a bit loose when you wash them in a dishwasher. I also have some scanpan saucepans which are really great quality. The stainless steel ones are a bit cheaper and good for your usual cooking, but the titanium ones are great too and are non stick, but you can use metal on them. Keep an eye out, they are often on special. If you are in SA check out homewares direct (actually they also have an online store). They often have scanpan sales.

Knives - we have wustoff trident knives and I love them. I have a knife block. Some of the knives handles cracked, but they have a lifetime warranty, so they were replaced.
    Global knives are a really good brand too.

Agree with pp. le creuset is a great brand. I have one. I had a previous Dutch oven and the enamel cracked. I chucked it out, and when I bought my new one the lady at the shop told me there is a lifetime warranty on them, and I should have brought it in. Had a face palm moment then!
    I am in SA where is homewares direct I was looking at 10pc for $650 at general trader.

Gosh I'm so nervous lol. We are in process of kitchen getting redone 😩 haven't picked dish washer yet! But I'm certainly getting one lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have and love a thermomix, almost a full range of enjo (have been building up my stash), scan pan saucepans (I have an everyday woollies non stick pan because I always seem to wreck non stick so it's ok if it only costs $20!), scan pan knives, a great LG dishwasher.

I don't have Tupperware, instead I have the Kmart pantry packs that are airtight. Would love to get some Tupperware for leftovers etc tho.

Given the chance again, I think I would do everything the same, although I might have gotten a dyson stick vacuum instead of out miele but only because we have moved and have stairs that are carpeted - before it was perfect. Lounges we got from ikea and find them good or the money we paid but there was better but couldn't justify 3x the price!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got a Furi knife set that has lasted me 10 years - I really want to upgrade to Globals though. Whichever you get I recommend that you get a knife sharpening system too.

I have DeBuyer Carbon Steel pans - they are amazing. Like cast iron, but not as tempermental with needing to strip and reseason.

And I love my Thermomix. And my Kitchenaid.

A really nice oven tray for doing roasts. Enamal cast iron is great.

Coffee machine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I am in SA where is homewares direct I was looking at 10pc for $650 at general trader.

Gosh I'm so nervous lol. We are in process of kitchen getting redone 😩 haven't picked dish washer yet! But I'm certainly getting one lol.
    Homewares direct is on Unley Road, left hand side about 1/2 way down coming from the city.
    Or at harbour town, and also at gepps x centre at gepps cross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw they were also the cheapest place in Adelaide to buy a kitchen aid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Btw they were also the cheapest place in Adelaide to buy a kitchen aid.
    Thanks!!! Mil is courier on unley road so I may even get more discount! I think I know shop your talking about near the gf shop