+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do I 'need' for a house?

We just bought our first home. We have extra $$$ because we got it so cheap and want to buy things we need.

We don't have any kitchen things eg saucepans etc i want something I can burn LOL!
    I was going to get enjo? For long lasting and to save money on cleaning products.
    Tupperware.
    A upright freezer

Anything else for long lasting money saving tips hit me up. We are at a place where we can spend now to save in the long run. Thanks heaps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No idea, maybe a thermomix hahaha.. But YAY new house!!! How exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends what your priorities are! I looove cooking (and eating!) so decent pots, pans, knives etc are a must for me. So was a good quality large dining table.

We also watch a lot of sport, so we have a nice tv/sound system with theatre style lounge.

Really depends what you guys are into

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry I should add we have 'some furniture' as we lived at mil's and dd and my new bub coming have everything. We only need a lounge and dining table!

I was looking at wusctof!?sp knives they have a great sale on ATM as df loves cooking! I want a thermie but then the other thread got me thinking I should get a mixer too bahaha!! Oh dear :/

I'm buying df surround sound for Xmas as we don't go out (movies, concerts etc) anymore we just watch at home. And now that they are all blue ray on the old one having bad sound it's even killing me

We just had our engagement party so lots of gift certs for cooking shops that's why I'm asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree if you can get good quality cooking equipment you will never look back! One thing I use every day are Le Creuset large cook pot with lid so I can cook in bulk- I think it is impossible to ruin Le Creuset, they just get better with age, they are expensive though. If you are going to buy a saucepan set, maybe get one with a steamer attachment. Also, a few non stick frypans in different sizes are handy (eg: Tefal). Have fun shopping and congrats on the new house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should have also added Furi knife set (which comes in a knife rack that sits on the bench)- they are often 40 or 50% off so keep an eye out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    A kitchenaid

You could probably get a cheaper mixer but if you have the money that's what I would buy.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my kitchen aid mixer. I'm going to get the ice cream attachment this summer.

We have esteele saucepans which are great, but the rubber handle gets a bit loose when you wash them in a dishwasher. I also have some scanpan saucepans which are really great quality. The stainless steel ones are a bit cheaper and good for your usual cooking, but the titanium ones are great too and are non stick, but you can use metal on them. Keep an eye out, they are often on special. If you are in SA check out homewares direct (actually they also have an online store). They often have scanpan sales.

Knives - we have wustoff trident knives and I love them. I have a knife block. Some of the knives handles cracked, but they have a lifetime warranty, so they were replaced.
    Global knives are a really good brand too.

Agree with pp. le creuset is a great brand. I have one. I had a previous Dutch oven and the enamel cracked. I chucked it out, and when I bought my new one the lady at the shop told me there is a lifetime warranty on them, and I should have brought it in. Had a face palm moment then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thermomix ! Have a Tupperware party for the girls a housewarming and earn some free stuff !

Thanks
    Reviews
    A dishwasher, dyson vacuum, the best quality knives and pans (I also love global and esteel) but I wouldn't bother with enjo personally. "You don't need chemicals to clean your house, but we have a chemical range you can buy ..."