+ Reply to Thread
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Poo help please :-/ DD holding it in

Would really appreciate some help here !! . My daughter is 2.5 and in process of toilet training , wees are not a problem , poos she was scared to do in the toilet . She was never pushed , would just get told "poo goes in the toilet remember " and cleaned up when she did poo in her pants . So she started then doing her poos the second she was put in a nappy ( nap times and when out ) .

But she has now even stopped doing that :-( 6 days no poo ?? Holding it in , I can tell . She has never not done 1 poo a day since birth .

Is this common for kids to do ? I feel horrible like I have pushed her however I really didn't . She wanted to wee on the toilet she prompted the toilet training and I even have my sons Occupational therapist guiding me but she is on holidays so I can't ask her .

Anyone experienced similar ? I'm off to the doctor this morning with her not sure why I just feel I have to do something ? I'm worried this is damaging for her insides . Thank you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a good thread here with a lot of different advice and suggestions. She could be constipated or just a bit scared of pooing, it's hard to say. Your doing the right thing taking her to the doctor now because withholding can become a long term habit that is hard to break, my DD did it for about 18 months .
    And don't feel bad it doesn't sound like you have pushed her and made her do this, it seems more common than I realised for little ones to do this for a variety of reasons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for that I just read the whole thread gosh so much good advice what a hard situation to be in !!

For my daughter I don't believe it's constipation at all she has never ever been constipated . This literally started the second we started toilet training as she was scared to do poo on the toilet .

Thx again .

Any other replies would be much appreciated if anyone else's kids were actually holding on due to fear of the toilet and not constipation ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post
    For my daughter I don't believe it's constipation at all she has never ever been constipated . This literally started the second we started toilet training as she was scared to do poo on the toilet .
    I have heard of this being the case but have no experience personally, DD was scared of pooing on the toilet/potty but that was bought on by her constipation problems so a bit different. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful though
    How did you go at the doctors this morning?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD did the same thing when she was TT for wee. She was scared of pooing in the toilet and held on instead. After 4 days I ended up giving her a couple of doses of parachoc which thankfully worked pretty much straight away. I just reassured her that she could have a nappy for poo for as long as she wanted. About 6 months of TT'ing for wee she finally started using the toilet for poo instead of a nappy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaandOllie View Post
    I have heard of this being the case but have no experience personally, DD was scared of pooing on the toilet/potty but that was bought on by her constipation problems so a bit different. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful though
    How did you go at the doctors this morning?
    The doctor suggested I put her happy back on her and similar to girls rocks suggestion reassure her she can do a poo in her nappy if she's not comfortable . Which I was doing anyway . Well she finally done one 10 days later thank god . I just hope she continues instead of waiting another 10 days .

Thanks again everyone xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (30-10-2013)