+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Just a little story.

I'm a 25 yr old SAHM of three children under seven.

My eldest child (six) has sensory issues which causes some pretty substantial behavioural problems. He's been to two psychologists and a paediatrician, between which we have discovered he has ADHD and Sensory Processing disorder (Which puts him on the spectrum of Autism). He gets time with a guidance counsellor and a few aid programs at his school/out of school, which really takes a load off my shoulders and helps him to keep on track the best he can with both his self control and keeping up with schoolwork. (This is sometimes really hard! So all the help is amazing, phew!)
    His IQ needs to be tested, but every psych, doc and head of each program he's been to have said the same thing. "This boy is above and beyond!" When he concentrates (which is a difficult task for him), he can zoom through a few pages of math problems in lightning speed , read at a high school level and formulate intricate stories with twists and turns, grabbing an audiences attention, reeling them in for an exciting rise of drama, then letting them down perfectly with a satisfying conclusion.
    It is impossible to get anything past him! He clues on so fast to any changes. I can never try to sneak in a chocolate with the pantry door open, blocking the view from the lounge room, because the moment he hears a crinkle (despite my best efforts to be careful and silent), or even sees that I've headed towards the kitchen, sure enough a little pair of eyes, a button nose and a small grin appear over the baby gate with the inevitable and pressing question, "What's that, Mum?"
    Trying to have private, adult conversations with him around can be tricky, too.Particularly when you'd rather him be blissfully ignorant to the topic. There is no code or subtlety that can get around my little boy. If you say it, whichever way you say it, he knows. He could mention it again at any time, in pure innocence, of course. Like in front of the relative for instance, when you'd been discussing with a friend over the phone, using code names, that she'd been rude to you at a family gathering.
    "*Insert relative here* Mum said to so and so you were being rude. You should tell my mum you're sorry."
    Yeah. It gets awkward.

He is passionate about his brother and animals, with a level of empathy and paternal instinct beyond his years. He guides his little brother (three y/o) to meet his new friends at the park, to pat a passing puppy, and to look at a nearby flower in full bloom. He always assures both his brother's safety and happiness, with a cuddle for a tear stained face and a game for a restless rainy day indoors.
    One day, not that long ago, he accidentally stepped on a cricket on his way into the house. I noticed after a while that he had grown silent, and went to investigate. Sitting quietly in a dining room chair facing the wall, with his head in his hands making soft whimpering sounds was my little cherub. When I asked him what was wrong, he looked up at me, with angst on his face and deep concern in his eyes. He began breathing fast and heavy, then managed, only just, to blurt out the words, "I think I killed a cricket!!" Before bursting into loud, horrified crying.
    I sat by his side and put his hand in mine. I said "Ok, ohhh it's ok." While he buried his head into me and cried his poor little heart out.
    "You know what?" I said
    "What?" He replied, looking up to me in desperation.
    "I bet you didn't really kill it. I'm sure Mr Cricket knows it was just an accident, and maybe he's just having a rest for a bit before he feels better, so he can go home to his family without worrying them with his sores!"
    "Oh, maybe." He said, wiping the tears from his eyes and clinging to the hope my sentence had given him. He took me outside and pointed to the now motionless cricket. We agreed that if the it was gone later on, then it must've been OK and had gone home to his family.

Later that night, I scooped up the cricket, and hid it in the garden, then the next morning I showed my boy with a happy grin that the cricket had indeed gone home. The relief in his face was everything I'd hoped it would be. I couldn't be prouder of my gorgeous little man. The boy with a heart of gold.

I have two more boys, and will post again with my second sons story soon. I'd love to hear any sweet, heartwarming things your little ones have done, too!
    Thanks guys!
    Ki Wolf
    Last edited by Kiplusthree; 25-10-2013 at 10:56.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (26-10-2013),cluckcluck  (26-10-2013),Foxy  (24-10-2013),giggle berry  (26-10-2013),HearMeRoar  (24-10-2013),kbf2plus2  (26-10-2013),~Marigold~  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He sounds like a wonderful little boy, and you sound like an exceptional mum esp at such a young age!

xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh gee your DS sounds like such a sweetheart! You nearly had me in tears!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww such a good heart that boy

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the beautiful replies! Ill post part two tomorow

I actually have been writing in a blog (i wont put it up here because I dont know the rules etc) but i really enjoy posting on bubhub! The community here is just fantastic. There is so much support and so many caring women, Ive even had a woman pm me before and offer me money during hard times! I couldnt accept it, but I was so taken back by the kindness of a comppete stranger.

Anyway if anyone wants to know the name of my blog just pm me and ill pm you the details

Id love to apply to do a blog on BH someday, but I feel a little inadequate right now being so new to things.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a heart warming story that was, he is gorgeous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    He is passionate about his brother and animals, with a level of empathy and paternal instinct beyond his years. He guides his little brother (three y/o) to meet his new friends at the park, to pat a passing puppy, and to look at a nearby flower in full bloom. He always assures both his brother's safety and happiness, with a cuddle for a tear stained face and a game for a restless rainy day indoors.
    I'm going to blame the pregnancy hormones but this is so lovely I'm crying at my desk at work! Thank you for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part Two (As promised)

On the 3rd May, 2010; a healthy, 8lbs 9oz baby boy made his way into the world.

I remember the sound of his first cry. He had a raspy, sharp little voice that was immediately distinguishable from other babies. He used it quite passionately to show to the world his discomfort, and we knew from those cries that the little soul we'd made was a success!

My husband stood up from my side as they whisked him up onto my belly, and shuffled and danced around the room, like an overexcited puppy that can hardly contain itself from weeing all over the floor.

"He's here!! Babe, you did it, He's perfect!" DH couldn't decide whether to lean in closer or keep on dancing, which resulted in an odd, awkward looking motion of half bent praise and unconstrained leg prancing. He continuously kissed me on the cheek, and put his hand over the tiny little body on my chest, with delicate timidity, afraid of applying too much pressure and somehow breaking our little guy. Then in a haze of endorphin clouded moments, bub was plucked from my chest to have all his checks done.

It took me a while to be able to sit up in the hard, sharply angled, hospitable bed. Still a little groggy from the gas, I joked with the nurse about the poor choice of colour, (white), for birthing sheets.

The nurse giggled in agreement as she wrapped up my brand new little person, and announced that he was an almost perfect nine on the apgar scale!

"What a gorgeous Boy!" she gushed, examining his tiny features as she walked over to hand him to me.

I shuffled my way up the bed into a more comfortable position and the warm, little bundle was placed into my arms.

I'm going to have to stop there for a while, I've run out of writing time! Little men are in desperate need of attentive playtime! So I will continue to update part two when I get a chance later on tonight! Thanks for readng, all the comments left have had me in tears. As always, Bubhub is full of love, acceptance and support! You make my confidence in writing soar everyday.

Love you all, remember to PM me if you'd like the link to my brand new blog and if any mods see this and think I'd have a chance if I applied to write a blog for Bubhub, any feedback is appreciated!

But as always, I just love sharing with you guys! That in itself makes me feel like a million dollars. Tata for now
    Ki Wolf
    Last edited by Kiplusthree; 25-10-2013 at 11:32. Reason: Grammar, oopsie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Continuing on from above...

Wrapped in a simple, pastel coloured muslin cloth, was the second little being we had created. He'd already drifted off to sleep so shortly after being dressed and made comfortable. DH smiled down at us, as if taking a snapshot in his mind of this special moment. He stroked my damp, tangled hair and tucked some strands away behind my ear.

"I'm so proud of you." He said. "He's simply divine. Well done, Ki."

I looked down again at our sweet new child and examined his features. I wanted to take in and store away in my mind, every little detail of his unique description. His small, chubby arms were pulled in tight against his chest, with tiny clasped hands tucked neatly under his beautiful little chin. A pursed pair of rose coloured lips pouted in his sleep as he dreamt of things we couldn't possibly imagine. Above them, was a pink perfectly rounded button nose, taking in oxygen through it's passageways for the very first time. His eyes were puffy and appeared to be large, but were tightly closed, shutting out the world to regain strength after such a long journey into his new life.

We left the hospital that day. after a few short tests for me and bub, a quick check over and a cab ride home. It was cold, raining and foggy, but we just kept on smiling the whole way home. The anticipation of introducing him to our beautiful eldest child was almost unbearable.

As we pulled up out the front of our simple, brick home, we thanked the Cab driver and were met with my mother who helped us get everything inside while DH brought in the capsule containing our newest gem.

DS1, at the time being three years of age, ran to the door and jumped up and down in excitement of our return.

"Mummy!! Daddy!!! You're BACK!!!"
    I'd missed him. Oh how I'd missed him. I knelt to his level and gave him a cuddle that signified the fact that we'd never spent this long apart. He snuggled into me and told me he'd missed me so so so much.

"Guess what?" I said
    "You're tummy is small again!" He answered
    "You're right!" I said, giggling. "But I have someone I'd like you to meet."

DS1's eyes widened and he gasped, realising what was about to happen.
    Daddy picked up the little bundle out of the capsule, and walked him slowly across the carpet, then knelt down in front of DS1, who tilted his head up curiously. The moment his eyes fixated on the small round sleeping face, cocooned in the pastel wrapping, his expression turned again, from excitement to pure awe and wonder. "Oh Mummy!" He said, "He's Beautiful!"
    I'd never felt so much pride in my entire life, Ds1 had reacted to his little brother in a way I couldn't have imagined from a three year old boy.

Me and DH looked at one another with a shared moment of clarity, and immediately decided what to do next.

We sat DS1 neatly on the couch, and surrounded him with pillows, explaining to him in simple terms, what we were about to do, then ever so carefully, we lowered little brother down into his lap, guiding his arm to a comfortable supporting position under bubs head. He gushed, and repeatedly kissed his new sibling, giggling and cooing at the reactive squirms.

(Out of time guys! I'll be able to write a lot more than this soon, as atm hubby is on leave from work so we are spending as much time together as we can before he's gone again. But I'll update again soon.)
    Last edited by Kiplusthree; 25-10-2013 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm writing on my phone today with new acrylics, so apologies for any typos- and as per the norm, more apologies for spelling/grammar mistakes.

Throughout the months, DS2's personality began to blossom. My chubby little mister had taken to breastfeeding like a champ! He had, in fact, developed into quite the little boobie addict. Introducing solids was much the same. With every new substance, texture and flavour, he would open his mouth wide enthusiastically for the next spoonful of blended goodness.

He was incredibly placid as a baby. During play he would simply watch as you stacked up the cube shaped blocks in front of him, then, in a calm and collected mannar, take them back down and re-stack them by colour sequence.

By the time he was two, we noticed his ability to problem solve. The kitchen safety gate was the first place this became apparent. Once he'd figured out how to open it, we'd added twist ties around the latch. Of course it took him less then an hour to work them out. Next it was duct tape, which over the course of three days he worked on (with our continual maintenence to foil his efforts) before finally, he instead figured out how to loosen the gate from its pressure points, bringing it down completely with a sudden crash while I was in the other room wiping down the furniture.

I decided to add some puzzles to our play. I knew he'd have a knack for them, but I never expected to witness him zoom through them all in a matter of minutes, hardly stopping to think about the shape of each piece. Showing him off to hubby when he walked in the door from work, we both jumped up and down, joined enthusiastically by his big brother, clapping and cheering as he sailed through the work once again. Suddenly, he became overwhealmed by the attention. Dropped all the pieces and put his hand into his mouth with a retreated and aggitated look on his face. So from that point on, we were careful not to give him too much to take in all at once.

When DS2 turned three years old, it was becoming increasingly noticable just how different he was.

This is getting really long as I become more and more absprbed in the writing! I feel like I should expand ds1's story to match.. hmmm.

Anyway I hope at least some of you out there are enjoying I love writing here thanks again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Kiplusthree; 26-10-2013 at 10:09.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (26-10-2013)