+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't be bothered really....it's not a big thing in this area. Besides, it clashes with DH's birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I lived in Darwin my boss invited the girls at our work to a Halloween sleepover as her partner is American and is right into the celebrations. It was a fabulous night but the highlight would have to be cutting out the pumpkins with various stencils. They sell kits in the USA to carve pumpkins . Halloween isn't really a big event in my little town so don't get any door knockers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love looking at everyone's costumes. I've only taken ds trick or treating once he fell asleep after 3 streets lol. He was a vampire and I went as a zombie: ) Since having dd though we haven't done it, too much effort lol
    I don't mind others knocking looking at their costumes, I don't give candy to anyone not dressed up. Pfft no make some sort of effort peoples!

This is our second Halloween where we are, we had no knockers last year: ( I had soooo much candy and not a single soul came around. But I don't blame them there was a massive party up the court with lots of drunken buffoons so can understand why no kids made it down the court. I've brought some candy this year but not a lot because if it's like last year we won't get any knockers.

As long as kids trick or treating are supervised by an adult I don't see the issue, it's fun: )

Sent from my LG-P713GO using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Halloween decorations in my front window. I always have some sort of decorations, even a dozen coloured lanterns or something (it's right on the footpath in a 'town centre' type area and it looks a bit like a shop window). They depressed me and scared DD, so we took them down. We now have pink and blue pompoms with bright paper chains. Much happier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    I had Halloween decorations in my front window. I always have some sort of decorations, even a dozen coloured lanterns or something (it's right on the footpath in a 'town centre' type area and it looks a bit like a shop window). They depressed me and scared DD, so we took them down. We now have pink and blue pompoms with bright paper chains. Much happier.
    I've got decorations too.. Real cobwebs and spiders hanging around the front door entrance lol!! Ill leave them up until Halloween is over hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    I love looking at everyone's costumes. I've only taken ds trick or treating once he fell asleep after 3 streets lol. He was a vampire and I went as a zombie: ) Since having dd though we haven't done it, too much effort lol
    I don't mind others knocking looking at their costumes, I don't give candy to anyone not dressed up. Pfft no make some sort of effort peoples!

This is our second Halloween where we are, we had no knockers last year: ( I had soooo much candy and not a single soul came around. But I don't blame them there was a massive party up the court with lots of drunken buffoons so can understand why no kids made it down the court. I've brought some candy this year but not a lot because if it's like last year we won't get any knockers.

As long as kids trick or treating are supervised by an adult I don't see the issue, it's fun: )

Sent from my LG-P713GO using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Gah stop saying candy!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (25-10-2013),moongazer  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Pagans and wiccans do.
    Actually, pagans and wiccans in the northern hemisphere do, its samhain where death and rebirth is celebrated.... in the southern hemisphere we are 6 months different to there so here its beltane which is a festival for fertility...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like that we celebrate it in October, but as someone of Irish descent, it's been something that has been part of our upbringing. Not trick or treating, not the Americanised way, but the beliefs in how it all came to be. It became sort of nothingness for a long time, DD would do some colouring in sheets at daycare and bring them home but that was it. In Sydney when we lived there it was quite big and she wanted to go trick or treating but I wasn't comfortable with that so we'd attend parties, host parties or visit friends who were into it. In Queensland it wasn't such a big thing, just a few kids walking around and having fun in their costumes. I'm not really for or against trick or treating, but for us it's not something I'm overly comfortable with unless we know the people really well. I do love seeing all the kids in their costumes, some of them are clearly home made and very creative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Gah stop saying candy!!!!
    Teehee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Against. I have a real problem with the idea that if kids don't get a treat then its ok for them to throw eggs or whatever at my property.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app