+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not for it, but not against it. Just don't see the point in it particularly when it's not overly big here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Not for it, but not against it. Just don't see the point in it particularly when it's not overly big here.
    But that's part of why we do it. Each year in our area more and more people join in. Just makes it better and better for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't celebrate it. DS is 3 and not at school yet so we've managed to avoid the subject. I really don't care for the whole trick or treat thing and will be trying to avoid him being involved in the future. We live in secure units so don't have anyone knocking on the door. Before that we just didn't answer and switched the front room lights out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    People will always get their knickers in a twist over crap that in the grand scheme of things hurt no one. Just for the sake of being a grinch.

Meh live and let live

*gets on witches broom and flys off to the halloween appreciation thread*

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks for making me laugh be careful on that broom those things are dangerous.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I think Halloween is very different from Christmas and Easter. Halloween in Australia is a recent thing, unlike Christmas and Easter. Also there is a strong religious connection.
    I don't think a lot of people don't celebrate Christmas and Easter, it is a very small minority. Not sure on how many celebrate Halloween, but I have a feeling it's mainly those with kids and it's a small percentage.
    But most importantly, Christmas and Easter are public holidays.... yes!!!!!!
    Who doesn't agree with that?

Edit: I do confess to being a little annoyed when the Christmas stuff is on display in October and they are flogging Easter eggs in February lol
    Halloween is also a religious event.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

aereht  (02-11-2013),Atropos  (25-10-2013),beebs  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im neither here nor there on the whole Halloween thing. DS's FDC mum dresses them all up in her costumes but while he's so young, he doesnt really know whats going on. He loves those skelleton and bat accessories when Im in spotlight though.

We had NO trick or treaters last year. Good thing, because we totally forgot about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There really isn't that much in shops here! I have struggled to find anything I needed for my halloween festivities!
    I could generally find enough when living in the UK, but everything in shops here seems so 'token gesture' I've had to buy online for most things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Halloween is also a religious event.
    I know but does anyone actually celebrate it for the religious reasons?

Edit: I don't actually know why I'm continuing to post in this thread because I'm not bothered anyway lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 25-10-2013 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Edit: I don't actually know why I'm continuing to post in this thread because I'm not bothered anyway lol
    Pagans and wiccans do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We celebrate Christmas and Easter - esp Christmas - big time. And I think organised religion is a crock For us it is definitely a cultural thing rather than a religious thing, same as Halloween I guess.

But I do get what you are saying!