+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My thoughts are you could be the next emergency or delivery that pushes an already under staffed public system and room full of pregnant ladies to be running behind and have to wait.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (24-10-2013),atomicmama  (24-10-2013),Purple Lily  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Off your original topic VP, but just in response to your last post, I went public with my last bub and every room on the ward was a private, single patient room with a double bed so your partner could stay as well. Also a bonus, the suite had just undergone renovations and it felt like I was staying in a hotel room. It was amazing for public. Does your hospital have single or shared rooms?
    As for your OP, I don't know anyone who likes to wait, but that's life, isn't it? I think that woman sounds unreasonable and self important. I hate people who are rude to customer service staff, as if it's the poor receptionist's fault!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    My hospital has shared rooms for vaginal births and single rooms (most of the time) for csecs. I've been told I can choose a csec this time if I want to however I am not going to do that just so I can get my own room...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My hospital has shared rooms for vaginal births and single rooms (most of the time) for csecs. I've been told I can choose a csec this time if I want to however I am not going to do that just so I can get my own room...
    Oh please say you're going to have a c-sec just so you can get your own room!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (25-10-2013),~Marigold~  (24-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Or start a spin off: what are your thoughts on elective CS in order to get a single hospital room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Perhaps if I just be a cow the midwives will isolate me in my own room?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps if I just be a cow the midwives will isolate me in my own room?
    Tell them youre VicPark from the Bubhub! They will clear the entire ward for you then! Lol

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (24-10-2013),CatesBean  (24-10-2013),dancingchipmunk  (24-10-2013),ourbradybunch  (24-10-2013),VicPark  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Tell them youre VicPark from the Bubhub! They will clear the entire ward for you then! Lol

Lol. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've waited 2 hours as standard during my first two pregnancies which used to annoy me but I never dreamt of saying anything since the midwives are obviously just booking appointments as they are told to.

This pregnancy is a different hospital and I would be lucky to wait 15mins.

I recall in my last pregnancy through a private ob we had to wait a long time once because the ob was at the hospital for an emergency and the other women were complaining! I know where I'd rather he be - at the hospital helping whoever was in trouble!

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think waiting more than about 2 hours is ridiculous. If the backlog is that bad, then give me a call and warn me.

But less than 2 hours? I think that's what you've got to plan for when you're using a free public health service. It's not cool to be a d*ck to staff about it - they're usually busting their backsides and not nearly being compensated enough for all the work they do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    from the other side of the fence for waiting times......

Our public hospital only gets 15 minute appointment allocations.

There is no differentiation between making an appt for someone who is going to have a basic checkup and someone who has twins, diabetes, other health issues, needs a discussion regarding test results etc....

We can't simply cut off a visit at 15 minutes because times up if there's multiple issues at hand.

The other issue with pregnancy/obstetrics is that you're on a timeline. If there's 20 women that are all overdue and need an appointment in a certain week to discuss post dates and book induction, then you simply can't make them an appt the following week. Clinic gets overbooked to accommodate them and wait times are longer.

It's sucky, but the public hospital only has a certain number of doctors/midwives and can't cap the number of pregnant women that they can see.