+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last Preg the average wait time for the morning clinic was 1 1/2-2 1/2 hrs. Bot good in the middle of summer when the air con breaks for a room full of pregnant women! I have been going to the middie clinic this time and the most I've waited was 5 mins. I always have the last appt of the day though. When I've been to the ob's (arvo clinic) I've waited around an hour to 1 1/2 at the most. The last time I had the first appt (130pm, funnily enough the last appt is 3 pm) and I was back driving away before 2pm. Was impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    I've waited anywhere from 2 mins to 30 mins at my public hospital. Generally they are pretty good with their times. They thankfully have a kids play station thing to entertain my toddler while we wait too.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same here except the longest I waited was an hour. I went with my sister to one of her appointments once and we waited two hours. The waiting room was full so we knew it would be a big wait which is understandable. A woman got up and started screaming at the midwives..walked back into the waiting room to grab her bf and yelled that Its a ****ing joke and they can jam their appointments she wont be back. She then tore shreds off the midwives again as she was leaving. A few minutes later a mw came in and explained they were absolutely flat out and told us the wait may be long. If we wanted to reschedule we could.

While we were still waiting there was a woman who had just been in her appointment and was in the waiting room. She looked about ready to pop and she was crying. A midwife came in to see her and I overheard her saying they should have the results back soon. I figured there were a few appointments like hers that took longer than expected and that can't be helped. I just think there is almost always going to be a valid reason for a long wait and Its not like they are purposely running late. If there was something going on in my pregnancy that made my appointment last longer I would hope there would be a bunch of understanding women out there. Yes It can be frustrating but no need for a carry on.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 24-10-2013 at 17:02.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-10-2013),VicPark  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited minimum of twenty minutes and and max of two hours for public midwives/ob and I thought that was fine. Sure it's annoying but the time I has to wait for two hours an announcement was made that one ob was away sick and one was helping with an emergency so it was an exception not a rule. I used midwife clinic care and the wait time was only around twenty to thirty minutes and that was fine by me. I saw plenty of people complain and whinge which I thought was childish as the hospital to me seemed very organized and accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be really lucky with my public hospital. The longest I've ever had to wait after my appointment time is about 15 minutes. And that's at afternoon appointments too. I honestly can't fault the public system in both of my pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a spoilt princess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Can I ask your decision to go public this time VP? I went public last time but we are considering private this time although the costs are spiralling out of control!
    It's a purely financial decision. I loved my private care last time (5 nights in a private room was bliss!). However I can not bring myself to spend another $7,000 this time, not when the public system where I am is good. I dont want to have to rely on a credit card and would rather spend that money taking the kids to Disneyland when they are a bit older.

A few months back I started a thread asking women their thoughts on public v private because I was afraid of sharing a room...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (24-10-2013),Meags82  (24-10-2013),risfaerie  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For both of my appointments this pregnancy at a public hospital I think I have waited 15 minutes at the most? Been really impressed actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It's a purely financial decision. I loved my private care last time (5 nights in a private room was bliss!). However I can not bring myself to spend another $7,000 this time, not when the public system where I am is good. I dont want to have to rely on a credit card and would rather spend that money taking the kids to Disneyland when they are a bit older.

A few months back I started a thread asking women their thoughts on public v private because I was afraid of sharing a room...
    This is how I'm feeling too. We have private but the out of pockets are ridiculous. I had this conversation with my mum this morning and she said the same about having a really good public system where we are and felt that it would be costing us the equivalent of 2 decent family holidays. I felt I had really good care last time but thought private might give me a bit more control but I figure ill just speak up a bit more if I need to.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

Off your original topic VP, but just in response to your last post, I went public with my last bub and every room on the ward was a private, single patient room with a double bed so your partner could stay as well. Also a bonus, the suite had just undergone renovations and it felt like I was staying in a hotel room. It was amazing for public. Does your hospital have single or shared rooms?
    As for your OP, I don't know anyone who likes to wait, but that's life, isn't it? I think that woman sounds unreasonable and self important. I hate people who are rude to customer service staff, as if it's the poor receptionist's fault!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will never support anyone offloading on a receptionist like that, but I will say that she might have had a good excuse.
    We travel a 5 hour round trip to get to our appointments (sometimes my DH has to loose a shift on top of that, it really gets expensive so we like to make it a worthwhile trip).
    We schedule a few appointments on the same day (ultra sound, O.B, physio for my DD, diabetes consultant), and we spend the day at the hospital. I've waited hours with no complaints, I'm really appreciative of the care I get, but some days the wait can mean we won't get home before dark (we live in the country, roos are a huge hazard at sundown), or I get left at the drs while DH goes to DDs physio without me (again, that's fine if needed, but I hate to miss out on talking to the physio).
    All that said I've never been more than a few hours waiting (and my appointments are long too, I'm not rushed out the door, so definitely worth it ). Most times the wait is reasonable and we fit everything in with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-10-2013)