+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Waiting times: public antenatal clinics

What is the average wait times people have experienced at public ante-natal clinics while waiting to see either a midwife or obstetrician?

What wait time do you think is acceptable?

I was waiting at a public clinic, I think for 45 minutes. I didn't think too much of it, it's free and I had my I phone to play with.

Another more heavily pregnant lady really ripped into the midwife on reception with "this is totally unacceptable having pregnant women wait for 45 minutes to an hour!". She had her hubby and 5? kids with her waiting (why???) and followed up with a "I keep telling you I can't make x o'clock appointments because of the kids blah blah." (Ahhh. Why accept the appointment then?).

Anyway I initially thought she needed to harden up a bit, 45 minutes-1 hour for free care isn't that bad. Was I just in a good mood? Was I being too harsh on the lady? Or does the other lady need to harden up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    45 minutes is great. I've waited 2 hours or more and recently waited over an hour at a private ob. Waiting is just part of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've waited 3 hours for a private OB who charged a 6.5k management fee......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The lady who is pregnant needs to grow up! If you don't like it get private cover sorry.....

I've waited over 3 hours for app before and yes it's annoying etc but sometimes you have to deal! The next time I made sure to book my appointments first off the rank (8:30am).

How rude poor receptionist

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

galoomp  (24-10-2013),LoveLivesHere  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    I've waited 3 hours for a private OB who charged a 6.5k management fee......
    I've never waited at my obs! Get in get out (private) I'm shocked to read this. He is so accommodating made all our apps after 4:30pm so df could make them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When I went private last time I think the most I waited was 20 minutes. I am happy to wait for 45 minutes if I am not paying $7,000 again!
    - on a side not my private ob would spend 5 minutes max withe whereas the public one spent ages (20 minutes?)

Cheeky hubby said if I had to share a room with the lady he would leave me in the hospital by myself.... He then realised that it would be a non issue as the lady was quite a bit further along....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I've never waited at my obs! Get in get out (private) I'm shocked to read this. He is so accommodating made all our apps after 4:30pm so df could make them too!
    I think this happens if they get called out to deliver a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post

How rude poor receptionist
    The receptionist kept apologizing to me (she was actually trying to book my next appointment when rude lady interrupted). I told her not to worry...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've waited anywhere from 2 mins to 30 mins at my public hospital. Generally they are pretty good with their times. They thankfully have a kids play station thing to entertain my toddler while we wait too.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    When I went private last time I think the most I waited was 20 minutes. I am happy to wait for 45 minutes if I am not paying $7,000 again!
    - on a side not my private ob would spend 5 minutes max withe whereas the public one spent ages (20 minutes?)

Cheeky hubby said if I had to share a room with the lady he would leave me in the hospital by myself.... He then realised that it would be a non issue as the lady was quite a bit further along....
    Can I ask your decision to go public this time VP? I went public last time but we are considering private this time although the costs are spiralling out of control!