+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd slept through from 10 weeks but woke once a night did a few weeks around 4 months. She sleeps 730-6 with a feed at 6 then back to sleep till 7-730ish.

I just fed her when she woke as I figured at this age it's for food. ( nearly 6 months)

I'm returning to night shift in April and worried about DH getting her down to sleep at night. I boob her to sleep but she will happily self settle if put down awake. I worry without the boob cue she will wreck havoc and refuse to go to bed :/

Goodluck!

Oh and it took DD 4 months of offering a bottle of EBM every night before she took it. She never took a dummy either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairly recently, so about 12 months.

We pre-empted night feeds from about 2 months. DD would wake, be hungry, but feed terribly and then take ages to settle. I found that picking her up asleep and feeding her a little before she'd usually wake worked SO much better. She had 2 feeds over night for months, then I/we dropped the first one, and she only had one at about 3am. My partner was awake (works odd hours from home) anyway, so it wasn't really any effort to keep that up.

About a month ago he fell asleep earlier than usual, DD slept through...so we dropped that feed.

I think that pre-empting her feeds may have helped, as it meant she wasn't in the habit of waking up for a feed. As she lost the need for overnight feeds, she wasn't waking up out of habit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 months and 18 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actively night weaned DS1 at around 9 months. He'd been waking 1-2 hourly for over 5 months and it was a last resort to try to get him to sleep better. He was purely comfort feeding to resettle so I gently weaned from feeding to rocking to patting in cot. Night weaning didn't stop the waking, but it did become less frequent and I could quickly settle with a light pat. By about 12 months he could resettle himself at night. DS2 is 6 months and still feeds 3 or 4 times a night. Long term I could do 1 or 2 feeds, but if he's still waking 3+ times a night at 12 months I'll probably try to night wean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    both mine around the 7-8mth mark. I did nothing to encourage it. It was then we got into a pretty solid, flowing day and night routine. They overall slept very well from this age and stopped crying as soon as they woke, so if i heard them wake i would wait and see what happened, mostly they would go back to sleep without me even getting out of bed.
    They were eating a fair bit of food too. Having about 3-4 milk feeds in the day.