+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked
    249
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    The ob I spoke to didn't say I couldn't opt for VBAC so must be able to, she did though explain the potential same issue I could possibly have.
    Oh ok. Anyone else know for sure/ been induced after a cs???

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Oh ok. Anyone else know for sure/ been induced after a cs???
    Sorry there was a ypo in my post she said I could opt for VBAC if I wanted to, told her there was no way I'd be induced again.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    9,559
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just recently went to a public clinic appointment for my second bub (had a csec with my first which wasnt that bad) and had a totally different experience to you.

    The obstetrician spent ages talking to me outlining what a vbac would involve. He said there are very small risks but if things are monitored properly it is very very unlikely the mum or bub would come to harm, same as with a csec. He said about 80% of women who tried vbac were successful and in his many years of doctoring (he was older) he had never seen a mum or bub come to harm from vbac. He said they do not induce women who try for vbac as this can increase the risk.

    He said the size of the bub isn't really a factor as very rarely do women make babies they aren't able to birth (talking about size not other complications). And continous monitoring (still able to move around) would keep an eye on any pressure on the csec scar.

    And here's the surprising bit... He said not only did I not have to decide right away, but that I could change my mind at any point, I could even change my mind and demand a csec when I was in labor.

    I am sorry you are being pressured...
    Last edited by VicPark; 24-10-2013 at 17:13.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    cassieh  (24-10-2013),Reina83  (15-01-2015)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Will you be able to go to term? Do you need to be induced? What was the reason for your last csection?

    These are things I would consider in making a decision.
    I had an emergency csection first birth as ds was breech.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I had an emergency csection first birth as ds was breech.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Do you have an opportunity to speak with someone else? It seems a little bit of a harsh process for you. I think you should be given more time and information before having to come to a decision.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Induction is preferably AVOIDED during a VBAC, partly because it increases the risk of uterine rupture, but also because it can lead to a cascade of intervention, which can be counterproductive to giving birth vaginally.

    OP - google as much on VBAC as you can. You know what a caesarean entails... but you need to know what a VBAC entails. See what the risks are and if you're cool with them. You should be able to determine if it's pro- or anti- VBAC fairly quickly, so just keep that in mind when reading up.

    If you're worried about another breech baby, you could also google the type of breech position your baby was in and see if there's ways to avoid that/help aid that in future.

    Also - just think about what you want and weigh it up. For me, for example, yes, there's a risk of NEEDING an emergency caesarean and that being a PITA compared to an elective... but it's a mere POSSIBILITY. If I go straight for an elective, that's a certainty. Because a caesarean is the thing I want to avoid, I'm willing to risk an emergency caesarean rather than guarantee and elective.... that way I feel I've given it a good go, and done my bit to get what I think is best for me and my baby.

    Do you WANT to give birth vaginally? Or do you WANT a caesarean?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    Reina83  (15-01-2015)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked
    345
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure if I missed the detail about why you wouldn't go for vbac? Is it just usual potential complications? I'm pretty sure in the uk vbac is preferred route. Reasons for Caesar should be factored in - eg with me breech so vbac was definitely seen as good option. I got my vbac but it was touch and go. Not sure what I'll do this time tbh. I won't let them give me syntocinon (sp?) without epidural, that stopped me dilating and put me into excruciating pain! (I'd got to 5cm easy but midwife said I wasn't in enough pain/progressing fast enough). Don't be bullied into making decision quickly - how many weeks are you? Do some of your own research.

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Do you have an opportunity to speak with someone else? It seems a little bit of a harsh process for you. I think you should be given more time and information before having to come to a decision.
    Well i was asking questions but i wasnt getting very good answers. It seemed all negative to me. The only thing i can think of is if i go to my gp and discuss it with him.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    how many weeks are you?
    I am currently 21 weeks 4 days.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,110
    Thanks
    1,604
    Thanked
    2,087
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Oh ok. Anyone else know for sure/ been induced after a cs???
    While researching my VBAC (attempt) I came across some data that actually broke down induction methods and impact on rupture risk. Gel increased it significantly however syntocin drip less so, and less again if spontaneous labour had started. During the birth of my 2nd, when it became apparent that things needed to go faster due to fetal tachicardia, I was offered the drip+epi or repeat CS.

    It does sound like you need to see someone more supportive of VBAC. I had my CS booked for 40w due to GDM and birthing at a low risk hospital, but it was still agreed on by all concerned that should I go into labour1st I would VBAC. I possibly could have pushed to go to 41 weeks as my GDM was so well diet controlled. spontaneous labour started at 39+2. I was also scared of having another 'emergency' CS, but the 2nd one was a lot better especially the initial recovery.

    Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Csection wound
    By mummtime101 in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-09-2013, 13:45
  2. Csection nerves!
    By mummtime101 in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-09-2013, 23:53
  3. my elective csection was the best
    By suzymama in forum elective c-section and positive c-section experiences
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-01-2013, 07:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby Sensory
Baby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer an exciting world full of fun sensory experiences for parents and babies to enjoy.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!