+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxiety suddenly out of control

Hi. I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

I've been on Zoloft for 3 years. I'm currently on 200mg and I'm 10.5 weeks pregnant. (5th child) (very happy to have finally fallen again)

The problem is I'm suddenly having constant anxiety. It's completely physiological and is with me 80% of my waking hrs with huge peaks at random times during the day. I can't pin point the peaks to anything. At the end of the day my chest and ribs are sore from constant constriction and I'm finding it difficult to continue with normal life, sometimes being paralysed on the couch with a racing heart etc.

What the hell is wrong with me? Is zofr suddenly not working? I have a dr appt booked but wondered if anyone else has experienced this??

Thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Crafty Mumma
    I'm on 50 mg zoloft , not pregnant and have been feeling the same way. Constantly anxious about something ?!? What the ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Have you changes dosage or brand recently?
    I found my anxiety exacerbated when on an increased dose, also when the pharmacy was out of my regular brand and gave me steraline instead. All brands are meant to be virtually the same apart from non active ingredients, so I'm not sure if it's just coincidence?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could the pregnancy be messing with your digestive system which means its absorbed in a different way? My sister started having break through anxiety attacks when she had an upset belly. I know in my first trimester I was very constipated, not sure if that affects anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Have you changes dosage or brand recently?
    I found my anxiety exacerbated when on an increased dose, also when the pharmacy was out of my regular brand and gave me steraline instead. All brands are meant to be virtually the same apart from non active ingredients, so I'm not sure if it's just coincidence?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

ABSOLUTELY I can definitely only take the sertaline brand and not the brand name Zoloft one. I have also noticed before that if I've left my tablets in the car in the heat something goes wrong with them and my anxiety levels sky rocket. This isn't the problem this time because I've been through a few packs since it's been happening.

So the brand isn't the problem????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Could the pregnancy be messing with your digestive system which means its absorbed in a different way? My sister started having break through anxiety attacks when she had an upset belly. I know in my first trimester I was very constipated, not sure if that affects anything.

This could be a very good point. I'll chat to my dr.

Do you think she could increase my dosage to 250? I thought 200 was maxed out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's coffee!!!!!!!

It's never affected me before so I didn't consider it!! But after a caffeine free day I haven't had 1 single freak out!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty mummy For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty mummy View Post
    I think it's coffee!!!!!!!

It's never affected me before so I didn't consider it!! But after a caffeine free day I haven't had 1 single freak out!!
    I've never been on zoloft for mine so can't comment on that part. But as for the coffee it makes sense. Caffeine is classified as a mood altering substance I was told and therefore to avoid it where possible.

Hope you continue to have anxiety free days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chalk today down as a win!!!
    Feeling sooooo much better!! I don't care if I never drink coffee again!! I feel like I might survive!!

Wooooooo