+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same name as a friend's child ok?

Do you think it's ok to give your child a name that your friend's already given to their child? The middle name would be different and we don't see them very often, only at parties and gatherings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're super super close I wouldn't personally do it, but otherwise I think it's fine.

If I was having a girl I would have called her Emilia and my best friends sister (who I see alot) has a baby girl by that name.

I don't think it matters really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hmm.. I don't really think it matters as no one has ownership of a name.
    Some people are really precious about their kids names and people using them though. I have a friend who has dissolved friendships because her friends have opted to use her DS's name and even the name she had picked out for when/if she has a daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally don't think it's a big deal. Some people get really funny about names though, but if you really love it i would use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If they're a close friend I personally wouldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Depends how close. DF's friend has named their child a variation of our son's name. I don't care because I knew the name was popular.

I couldn't do it if I was going to see them all the time. It would be really confusing for the kids.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they're a close friend, I wouldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friends son has a name I was desperate to call my son.
    I called her and spoke about it and she was flattered and appreciated me asking and we now both have eli's
    It's not weird and I am so glad I called my son Eli!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emilia's on my short list too, and a few of its variants. I love Emy or Milly as a nickname.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that it doesn't really matter, but I know ppl can be a bit funny about it, more so if the babies are born close to each other. I don't think I'll be revealing the name we eventually decide on in case someone I know uses it before I do - if that happens, I might be more inclined to choose a different name.

We're in the same circle of friends, but have our separate busy lives, so haven't caught up in ages. His daughter must be around 2yrs now, and I think I've only seen them about twice since her birth.

Adden, I was thinking if we did decide to run with it, I would ask them about it first too, just to see how they feel about it.