+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't unfriend someone who technically disagreed with me but yes I have un friended people who I feel are too different from me. i.e a friend whose partner used to beat her up all the time. I told her time and time again to leave him, I offered her help numerous times ect but after 4 years I got to the point where I didn't want to be around her or him anymore. I also have very strong opinions on drugs so have unfriended someone who let someone else bring them into my house.

I would definately unfriend someone who told me that they were terminating based on gender preference. Seriously why would you tell someone that and expect them to support you.

Regarding facebook I actually had about 150 *friends* I culled some , then some more and now I have 47. Seriously most of these people are not your friends and if you saw them in the street they wouldn't even bother to say hello.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 bff and I have friendships that span 15 -28 years. They are my girls, my rocks my moral compass in alot things. There is pretty much nothing we havent faced together (think girls from sex and the city kind of friendships) the abortion based on gender selection im confident within my group wouldn happen. I think we all feel the same way. We did have conflict once say the "Samantha" of the group had a termination, not based on gender based on the fact she would have been a single mother and the "Charlotte" (coincidentally) was going through ivf at the time struggled with this alot. They moved on eventually.

Coming back to me, I couldnt move past that particular example based on aborting for gender preference and I would tell them so. But as far as other issues go in my group we openly debate things argue, disagree, avoid issues and so on because we value eachother and respect each to their own and dont judge on things based on how someone elses chooses to live their lives. But we each know we have a shoulder no matter how bad we screw up, they will be the first to tell me I screwed up!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I couldn't care less WHY someone terminates... but what I don't get is why they splash it around all over the net. Surely people are aware of the fact that not everyone is pro-choice... why would you update your FB with, "Had a termination... didn't like that it had a penis. Oh well, fingers crossed for next time!" ?!??! That's not really the kind of thing I would go around talking about.
    People do this???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've unfriended people heaps on FB, I would still be polite & make small talk if I seen them in person. My reasons have varied from them posting too many dramatic statuses to them posting nosey questions on my FB page when they should've known better.

In my day to day life I had a wonderful friend I had to unfriend as her life had spiralled out of control and it was taking up a lot of my time trying to talk to her. I miss her every day but treasure my sanity too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    People do this???

Um... I don't think they say it like that, but people were talking about unfriending because people terminated due to the baby's sex... I assume they have to announce it in some way for people on their FB friend's list to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Um... I don't think they say it like that, but people were talking about unfriending because people terminated due to the baby's sex... I assume they have to announce it in some way for people on their FB friend's list to know.
    I'm not talking unfriend on Facebook lol.. I'm talking unfriend in real life... It was a spin off from the termination based on gender thread where a lot of posters responded saying they couldn't continue the friendship.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Lol. You can see how much time i spend online then... :P

I don't "unfriend," anyone IRL. The friendship usually naturally fades away. If I don't much like them as time goes on... I see them less... the friendship fades. There's no big "you're dumped as a friend!" thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not in the heat of the moment while I was angry but possibly if I've thought it through properly and am ready to accept the consequences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I distanced myself from a friend who's kids were often sick and in turn my dd getting sick often.
    In the other scale I was un-friended by someone who I thought of as a really good friend after I had a late term termination due to medical issues. It's a friendship I still mourn but my decision and she obviously couldn't be friends with me anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't. I would still be their friend. I haven't got many as it is.