+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it would be a deal breaker here.

I am pro choice for medical reasons and extreme circumstances (i.e. Rape and just can't go through with it), but terminating because the gender is wrong, is beyond choice, and would cause far too many strong emotions for me to be able to support them.

Also, struggling with secondary infertility myself, I think any pregnancy is a blessing, and would do almost anything if I could just actually concieve again!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on what the differences were. I have stopped friendships in the past if their lifestyle choices were very opposed to mine (eg drug use which I have zero tolerance for). I suppose you need to decide what differences are ok for you and which arent? I have a very diverse group of friends whereas other people I know have very limited circles of friends who are the same belief structures as them.

On facebook I have unsubscribed on my news feed from people who consistantly post things I dont want to read (religious nature, ranting) I will keep in touch with them without having to read everything they post.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess it depends on the issue.

I stopped being friends with someone who cheated on her boyfriend. More than the cheating, I felt that she didn't take responsibilty, she just threw out excuses left, right and centre instead of saying "I shouldn't have done it, but I can't go back and change it". If she had just owned it, I may be felt that were were at least in the same book, if not on the same page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I guess it depends.

I used to be FB friends with someone who was staunchly pro-life (I am not... I am completely the opposite - staunchly pro-choice). She would post about it. Occasionally I would post something pro-choice. We would both just ignore it... and it worked out fine.

I could probably overlook someone's nonsense showing up in my feed, but if they kept commenting on MY stuff, with their rubbish opinion and viewpoint, damn straight I would delete them. I'm not allowing my wall to be used a soap-box for opinions I think are ridiculous.

I also once deleted someone because I was sick of her telling me what to do with my parrots. If ever I posted anything about them, she would tell me what I was doing wrong. We had the same breed of parrot, but her "knowledge," came from working at a pet shop. Mine comes from direct from an avian vet we spend a pretty penny on in order to get that kind of advice. So get stuffed, b*tch. lol. That's pretty petty, but my god it irked me.

If I can delete someone from FB though, it generally doesn't matter because if they were people who were actual real IRL friends, I would already know their opinions. If they're just FB friends, not ACTUAL friends, it's no great loss to cut them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No. Mostly because I'm too lazy to bother but I also like the entertainment value

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only ever de-friended one person based on a view I didn't agree with.
    It was an ex that I still talked to occasionally and did have fond memories of as I was so totally smitten with him in high school.
    He posted a Facebook status following the death of an Australian soldier OS that was along the lines of "hopefully soldiers continue dying as their choice to join the military supports war". It was worded much more harshly than that, but you get the idea.
    He has issues, I have always know that...but to me there is just no excuse for something like that. I deleted him on FB and ignored his texts/calls.
    Gah, still makes my blood boil 12 months on!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Different parenting styles? No (although I do tend to gravitate towards people with my similar beliefs/values)

But disrespect around parenting styles etc? Yes
    I've cut several 'friends' out recently for using me as a babysitter while they sat and chatted with my partner. Who complained about the level of time I could dedicate to them and the friendship (one kid each, vs our three)
    Who criticised our use of highchair/walkers etc for our disabled little girl (she spent a lot of time in them due to recommendations from the paed and physio) -and our 'friends' told us they actually thought we were neglecting her :-/

Big issues I respect some differences, but would probably find myself distancing myself without active intention on the really big issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I guess it depends on the issue.

I stopped being friends with someone who cheated on her boyfriend. More than the cheating, I felt that she didn't take responsibilty, she just threw out excuses left, right and centre instead of saying "I shouldn't have done it, but I can't go back and change it". If she had just owned it, I may be felt that were were at least in the same book, if not on the same page.
    I've defriended for exactly this reason. A close friend not only cheated on partners, but cheated with married men, didn't look after her kids properly and had mental health issues. It wasn't just these reasons, but the fact she failed to take ownership. It was her boyfriends fault bc he didn't do x, y and z. It was the fault of the woman who was with the guy she was sleeping with, she was ugly and didn't give him enough sex. She was a great mother according to her, and she refused meds.

Life is full of mistakes, but when you refuse to acknowledge them and constantly blame others for your crappy decisions, sorry but I'm out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on the situation/s.... no for parenting as we all parent differently
    yes if termination is for gender selection.. to me that is wrong on so many levels

I did de friend someone, a FB person as she was constantly uploading You tube videos of her children showering and running around naked and i just thought that was so disgusting and i actually contacted the Police and DOCS about them. turns out they were well known to both agencies..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't care less WHY someone terminates... but what I don't get is why they splash it around all over the net. Surely people are aware of the fact that not everyone is pro-choice... why would you update your FB with, "Had a termination... didn't like that it had a penis. Oh well, fingers crossed for next time!" ?!??! That's not really the kind of thing I would go around talking about.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-10-2013)