+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. I have done. They were racist and I can't tolerate that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No.

They aren't hurting me so it's not my business. I'm sure people are offended in my friends that I'm getting my tubes done at 23, not their business.

I've recently had a friend 'de friend' me for buying a new pram? Then text me and say 'its not fair you guys have more money, we don't.' I found that very selfish and hurtful. I didn't go 'ohhhh I spent 'xxxxx on this' I posted a photo of my dd saying excited to share this with her new brother!

Where I draw the line is when your flirting with my man 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was friends with a girl from work, and we started hanging out outside of work, met her DP (who was lovely) my DH liked them both got on really well, etc.

Then she told me she was cheating with another friend.... I ended the friendship. THere was no way I could hang out with her DP whilst knowing that. She also wasn't remorseful at all, she was bragging about it. I saw a whole other side of her, and found out just how manipulative she was.

So yes, I have ended friendships over things... I have barely enough time to see my really good friends, let alone waste time on people who aren't good!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantsy For This Useful Post:

cassieh  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I defriended an old acquaintance (who I really wasn't so fond of anyway) after I found out he beat up his girlfriend in public. I am very anti violence against women and have zero tolerance for perpertrators.

Thankfully the girlfriend (who I'm also friends with) broke up with him and moved on with her life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

cassieh  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm..... Only if they've wronged me or been deceitful. I have a large eclectic group of friends, some are religious or conservative, some are druggies (as long is it not near me or in my house) and some have crazy wacky beliefs and opinions. One has even been to jail. I need to be able to trust them. As long as they respect my opinions and way of life, and abide by my rules if in my company and don't put me or my loved ones at risk then I don't have an issue.

In saying that, my friends are not violent, rude, abusive or nasty. I wouldn't want to be friends with people like that.

Edit: these are my real friends though. I don't have fb. I don't want people to see me associated with somebody sucking a bong or making offensive comments or dissing our boss at work. It's a risk of being guilty by association and it is not a good look, so I just avoid it entirely.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 24-10-2013 at 06:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, lots of things. Selling drugs, or abusing children or stealing, or basically any number of things.

If they were into drugs or alcohol I'd give them a shoulder, but I know from experience that if people are really bad most times they don't get better- and after awhile it is in your own interests to cut ties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not my close friends no. I purposefully don't talk to my close friends about some of those big topics, especially politics. We talk some politics in a casual way but I don't know their beliefs or who they voted for.

But facebook 'friends' who I don't see much irl, yes some of them I don't like anymore purely based in some of the crap they post on FB. One old school friend constantly posted Julia hate throughout the campaign and I thought it was so wrong, she's late 30's, and shows little class on FB. She's always posting her opinions on things and I largely disagree and think she's ignorant.

I fe friended a cousin who constantly posted pics of him shooting - he's into guns and I hate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I generally seem to have close friends that with similar beliefs anyway. Not always exactly the same, but I have never been friends with racist people or misogynists or anything like that.

I have been friend with addicts in the past, but I realised that you just can't "save" people unless they want to be saved, so I tend to steer clear of substance abuse people.

About the most "far our" and different friends I have are people who vote Liberal.....and sometimes I find it very difficult not to say things that may end the friendship

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think one of my best traits is my ability to find the "good" in all people, find similarities and connect despite differing political, moral or world views.

I spent many years living in the Middle East and working in a company that employed people from over a hundred different countries. I have been confronted with female circumcision, arranged marriages, polygamy, ingrained racism or sexism and mostly I just take it with a grain of salt, smile, be respectful, change the subject and find similarities I can relate to instead. Living in a foreign country, it certainly wasn't my place to strongly question peoples beliefs.

I don't need people to be the same as me to be friends with them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pretty much have over parenting styles...

I don't appreciate her being 'off duty' when she comes to my house or parties/what not.

Her kids run wild and I shouldn't have to discipline them whilst mum and dad are a few meters away.

There's more to it but in a nutshell it's over parenting styles.

If it were over gender based abortion, yes I would without hesitation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-10-2013)