+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newly separated

Hello,

Just need some advice please.

Ive finally, (its been coming for a long time) separated from my husband. I'm a sahm. He works. We have 2 very young children and a mortgage.

He has left and I'm at home with the kids. I'm guessing we will have to sell our house? I actually have no idea how I'm going to pay bills etc and I'm a bit worried about what dh is going to do re. His wages. He can be really dishonest and childish when he's upset. And I think he's pretty angry.

I feel emotionally like a weight has been lifted but I don't know how I am going to manage with all the bills? I don't have any family or people to look after l kids (only his family but not willing to help) so not sure how I can even work??

Very confused! Do I have to call centrelink?

I would really appreciate any help, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep get onto centrelink and child support asap.

Huge hugs, I've been there and it's scary but you'll be much happier in the long run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. I am scared I thought I was ok but I think now its really starting to hit me. Do you know what I have to do for the child support part?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With child support just call csa and say you want to apply and they will take details and take it from there. They will contact him.

Is there any equity in the house? You will be entitled to a share of that if/when you sell (although it could take a long time to get it).

Hang in there, it gets better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would try to avoid selling the house unless you have to ... but he might force the issue.

Do you have a spare room you could rent out? Or perhaps set up the garage as a granny flat to rent out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call Centrelink first, they can often transfer you to child support. You'll get financial support, just depends if it's enough for you to live on.

Hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think in some cases your ex might have to pay you spousal support, I could be wrong but ask centrelink and child support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Salty, I have also just recently separated from dh. He has left the house. It's just me and the 4 kids. I feel great. I wanted it. It has been over for me for 18months or so.
    I've just done the centrelink thing. I just need to get started on the rest