+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    We have the new Baby Bjorn One and love it. It has lots of adjustment options to make it comfy for you, and has a zip inside that allows you to make it into newborn size. We also like that we'll be able to convert it from a front to a back carrier when DS is bigger.

We looked into the suggestions that Baby Bjorn cause hip issues and decided it was likely a rumour invented and spread by other carrier brands. DS's legs sit in a nice froggy position in the BB One, and he seems more than happy in it- in fact DH sometimes uses it to get DS to sleep.
    Agree with this. I have never found any credible sources that state they cause hip problems. However i have read articles from credible sources ( NSW fair trading and ACCC ) that state baby slings should not be used as some babies have died of suffocation just have to be careful with anything i think

We love our BB too legs sit well and soob we will be putting her in the forward facing position

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 24-10-2013 at 10:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love my ergo! DD is tiny and I could use it from when she was about 2.7kg with the insert. I use it daily... While shopping, school drop offs etc.

The only thing I struggle with is sitting down with it on. So if DD is in a clingy mood I have to be standing all the time... But I'm short so maybe that's why?? So I just use my hugabub at home and the ergo when I'm out and about

I was allowed to try mine in the store and walked around with DD in it for about 10 mins.

Good luck, I love mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been reading this thread with great interest… I'm looking for a carrier/sling for my first bub due in January I live in a very hot, humid area and am looking for something cool that will suit a newborn. I've been investigating breezy baby slings and they seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or any other recommendations? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliluv View Post
    I've been reading this thread with great interest… I'm looking for a carrier/sling for my first bub due in January I live in a very hot, humid area and am looking for something cool that will suit a newborn. I've been investigating breezy baby slings and they seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or any other recommendations? Thanks
    I have one. I found out hard to use to be honest. But others love ring slings. I might try it again now that my dd is a bit bigger. I think they're probably great once you get the idea of it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    We have the new Baby Bjorn One and love it. It has lots of adjustment options to make it comfy for you, and has a zip inside that allows you to make it into newborn size. We also like that we'll be able to convert it from a front to a back carrier when DS is bigger.

We looked into the suggestions that Baby Bjorn cause hip issues and decided it was likely a rumour invented and spread by other carrier brands. DS's legs sit in a nice froggy position in the BB One, and he seems more than happy in it- in fact DH sometimes uses it to get DS to sleep.
    Yep, this. I work in paeds and all the paeds use them for their kids and I've even seen a paediatric ortho surgeon recommend a family use one to help correct very mild dysplasia.

I've had a sleepy wrap (like a hugabub) a baby bjorn and now an ergo performance. I've liked them all for DS different sizes/stages. The sleepy wrap was amazing when he was a newborn and he hated the ergo until he was about 1 because of how it held his legs. He likes it now that his knees come to the end of the 'seat' bit and he is more comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Beco Gemini and I love it as does DD.