+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before kids never late, after 3 kids under 4.5 yes, always late, but close to on time. I swear the earlier I get up the later I am tho sometimes... how that works, I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I aim to leave the house 15 minutes before I actually need to. It means I'm.normally on time, or sitting around for 15 minutes waiting.

Occasionally we'll be late but some things are out of my control (road works, child needing to poop NOW even though they didn't need to 5 minutes ago, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I am never late. I HATE being late and I hate when others are. My best friend is always late and it does my head in. We used to live together and I was always waiting for her. I have no idea what she does but every single day she is late for work, every time we have lunch she is late, argh just be on time for once!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    No I'm fairly punctual. DP is often running late and it drives me crazy. If the kids aren't ready when it's time to go I just bundle them up and take them anyway. This is will probably p*ss some people off, but I can't see how 'the kids' can make you late. When it's time to go you just go, unless there's like an epic pooplosion or something. The main thing that makes me late is unforeseen traffic issues which is sort of out of my control.
    I can totally see how kids make you late. They decide they need a poo as you are about to leave or you can't find their shoes or they drop the car keys down the toilet or fill their nappy as you're buckling them into the seat or they have a meltdown because you can't find their octonauts toy or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnels View Post
    Same here. I think it's the height of rudeness to be late to meet someone, like your time is more important than theirs? I get fired up about lateness. My dh is always at least 15 mins late for things and doesn't understand why I get sooo angry at him about it. I think being late is selfish. I'm very very strict as a school teacher about arriving To lesson late. Of course there are reasonable exceptions such as a traffic block or car breakdown but these aren't common occurrences. Consistent lateness is just rude rude rude and although I only have one child I've never been late because of him.

Oh man, I could rant about this for ages! Phew!
    This!

Sure be late occasionally, but dh's BFF, wife and children are always always late. It is beyond rude. They just don't care about being on time. Usually at least an hour late, sometimes up to 3. And not a word of apology when they eventually turn up. It makes me so so cranky especially when we make an effort to be at their functions on time.

The most annoying time was when the wife didn't turn up to our wedding reception before we did. The reception started at 530, we got there a bit after 6 and she had decided it would be more fun to stay in their hotel room drinking. She got there just in time for mains to be served. So so rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm alwayssss early and I catch public transport!!!!

I get anxiety about being late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I hate being late. The first few outings with ds we were always late, took us a while to get used to packing so much stuff!

me & he = ds 17/9/13 <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnels View Post
    Same here. I think it's the height of rudeness to be late to meet someone, like your time is more important than theirs? I get fired up about lateness. My dh is always at least 15 mins late for things and doesn't understand why I get sooo angry at him about it. I think being late is selfish. I'm very very strict as a school teacher about arriving To lesson late. Of course there are reasonable exceptions such as a traffic block or car breakdown but these aren't common occurrences. Consistent lateness is just rude rude rude and although I only have one child I've never been late because of him.

Oh man, I could rant about this for ages! Phew!
    This! My DH's bosses wife wanted to meet me for coffee one day at our local Coffee Club. She said we will meet there at 9.00am. I get there at 8.55am. She gets there at 9.35am with some lame excuse about having no clean uniform for her child to wear to school? Whatever. I politely decline any social offers from her from now on because clearly leaving me standing around for 35 minutes waiting for her is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I'm occ late - never when I'm alone with the kids... Only ever late when Dh is around.

Sigh. I can get the kids ready on time but not Dh.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is us too.

By myself with 2 kids- 99% on time.

Me, dh and 2 kids, 99% always late.
    It ticks me off something massive. The kids want to hang out with dad and then the 3 of them are always running late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am late a fair bit. I am really bad with time management. If I know someone is hanging around waiting just for me, or an appointment, I am early but if it's a casual get together or kids' party often DP and I are both pretty bad. We can't even blame DS either. I am a lot better now that I don't work fulltime but when I was I was burning the candle at both ends and something had to give (that was my social life). I'm sure some people will say "I worked fulltime and was never late"....welllllll clearly you're just a better person then.