+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default need some advice please

hi
    just after some opinions/advice please..

My ex hubby and I have a private child support agreement which we have had in place for the past 10 yrs and it has worked really well. He pays for all school needs( uniforms, books, excursions, extra curricular, school fees for electives etc).

We have 2 children together and only 1 now still at school.. DD 16 who in 2014 is going into Year 11.

Today she was awarded a 2 year scholarship worth $1500.. this is broken down by $ 750 for Year 11 and $750 for year 12.. It covers ; uniforms, books, excursions, ALL SCHOOL NEEDS...

it means that my ex has NO NEED to pay child support as per our agreement and i think its not fair... He should be contributing until she finishes her education just like he has done recently for DS..( just finished HSC today)

Do you think .. I should just not worry about it and let him get off paying what he agreed to?
    Write him a letter and explain it all and ask for an amount we both agree on?

I dont know what to do? Im pretty emotional right now due to a few things and im pretty angry that he is getting off scott free from paying CS..

thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    It's not fair or right for him to stop paying CS because of the scholarship. Try and negotiate an alternative agreement with him otherwise get CSA to collect on your behalf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    It's not fair or right for him to stop paying CS because of the scholarship. Try and negotiate an alternative agreement with him otherwise get CSA to collect on your behalf.

id like him and i to come to an agreement but I dont know what to ask for? or how to word it.. without being a total cow lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you could open a high interest savings account for your dd and get xh to put the equivalent of school fees in over the next 2 years?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Maybe you could open a high interest savings account for your dd and get xh to put the equivalent of school fees in over the next 2 years?
    ^This sounds like a good idea. It could be put aside to be used for your DD's tertiary education (if going) or first car or the likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the suggestion.. I will put that to him as it makes alot of sense