+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the reassurance. Going back to gp on Monday. Hubby and I have been talking and if our first few appointments at Sutherland aren't that great, we might look at out other options but in the meantime, we'll just go with the flow and enjoy this exciting time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I birthed at Sutherland in 2010 i had major complications and had to self catheterize for a year after the birth from their mistakes. Would i ever birth there again NO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my antenatal appointments at sutherland until about 36 weeks when I was transferred to st George for my vbac, this time I will be st George public right through. My first baby was born in a leading London hospital but public and I was on a ward with 8/10 other mums and bubs. The birth (Caesar for breech) was great but the ward was hell I had no sleep for 4 days was basket case. So I wanted sutherland as it's max 2 to a room :-) We are paying a lot for prenatal testing but going public for birth - despite crowded ward I was vert happy with public for both my pregnancies/ births and have no desire to pay for an obstetrician. I think with an uncomplicated birth you have to go with local hospital but in my case with vbac I have to go to st George. I found the midwives at sutherland to be lovely. My friend had very uncomplicated birth there and thought it was great - but her first was also in London so not being on a busy ward was probably factor there too!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default St George

I'm currently 21+2 and am with st George hospital, I have a previous late MC was again with St George (only live around the corner from it) and they were fantastic, they went above and beyond to help, although I personally haven't dealt with Sutherland hospital, have friends who have not had good experiences, one lived at Caringbah and she doesn't have a licence, she was told when she was almost full term and about 105kgs that she was too overweight to have her baby there and had to go to st George, she was lucky she had family close to at George she could stay with so if she needed in the middle of the night could actually get to st George hospital. I was in the STOMP program at st George through the south Hurstville clinic, but I am a large girl pre pregnancy and have been transferred to another group called SWINNG basically the same just helps us maintain weight and not put on ridiculous amounts, we have 2 midwives who are there during birth and available when ever needed, as for appointments sometimes they you have to wait but if you book in early you should be fine hope this helps a bit with st George

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your experience. This is an old post though and my baby is now 4.5 months old. I had her at Sutherland and had an great experience with them. The midwife was AMAZING as was the student midwife that they asked if I minded if she was there for the birth. Hubby and I have spoken a few times about the birth and there's not one thing either of us would change about it.

I wouldn't blame the hospital for your friend being told she had to birth at St George. While very inconvenient for her, some hospitals just aren't equipped for certain situations so they have no choice but to send people to better equipped hospitals.

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app