+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested to know this as well. I birthed and had antenatal appts at St George for my first, even though I lived in Sutherland (I think I just elected to go to St George on proviso that I might my transferred to Sutherland after birth if there weren't enough beds or something like that). I also chose to go to the south hurstville clinic because it was closer and easier (only 15 minutes from Sutherland) and that meant I saw the same 2 midwives each time. The midwives were fantastic and the whole experience was really positive.

I thought I'd try Sutherland this time as we've moved and Sutherland is now a lot closer. My booking appointment was pretty bad. The midwife was horrible, talked to me like I was an idiot, was rude to my husband, refused to try hearing the heartbeat because 'she didn't have all day', even though I have been feeling a bit anxious and would have liked to hear bub.

Ill give it it a few more appointments (it may have just been that particular midwife) but if the experience is the same for the next few ill definitely try to transfer. I never had one bad appointment or cranky midwife at St George. Next appointment is in 2 weeks so I'll keep you updated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Becca you may have to get creative with your address, I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every hospital has good & bad stories.

I birthed at at George public and it was great! We used the midwife program (can't remember the exact name) where u get the same middie for all your appts and during delivery.

I'm sure Sutherland offers the same program but you have to get in early to register for it.

I had some minor complications with my birth and so the OB on duty delivered the baby along with my middie. I'm sure if there were issues during labour the same thing would occur for you.

I wouldn't be concerned about something being missed, honestly. I think that can happen whether you go private or public personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Every hospital has good & bad stories.

I birthed at at George public and it was great! We used the midwife program (can't remember the exact name) where u get the same middie for all your appts and during delivery.

I'm sure Sutherland offers the same program but you have to get in early to register for it.

I had some minor complications with my birth and so the OB on duty delivered the baby along with my middie. I'm sure if there were issues during labour the same thing would occur for you.

I wouldn't be concerned about something being missed, honestly. I think that can happen whether you go private or public personally.
    Stomp used it for my first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Stomp used it for my first
    Yes that's it! Thanks x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sutherland has a clinic program, but it isn't STOMP. You are not guaranteed one of your midwives at your birth, it is standard midwives, which is perfectly fine. I found the staff at St George to be so much better than Sutherland. All staff!

Sutherland used to run their satellite clinic at Menai and Engadine, I think maybe Cronulla now too?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, I don't know anyone in the St George so I wouldn't be able to borrow anyone's address :-/ I'm seeing the gp again on Monday so I'll chat to him about it but it doesn't sound like I'll have much choice but to go to Sutherland.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Becca as I said I had three perfect births as Sutherland. And everyone else I know that's been has loved it also.
    I've also heard good reports about St George public, the only mixed reports I hear come out of the private hospitals; Kareena and St George private.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Well Becca as I said I had three perfect births as Sutherland. And everyone else I know that's been has loved it also.
    I've also heard good reports about St George public, the only mixed reports I hear come out of the private hospitals; Kareena and St George private.
    Me too. Also at sutherland they have no more than 2 to a room or you may get a private one if you're lucky. I heard its 4 to a room at st George.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Becca85 if it's a non complicated pregnancy they offer shared care where you have all your appointment at your own GP's.