+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Do you have to feed your babysitter?

As the title says - I'm hiring a babysitter for the first time for my 1 year-old and quietly freaking out about it cos DS isn't great with strangers. She'll be earning her money, that's for sure...

Anyway, just wondering what people normally do? She'll be here from 6.30 to at least midnight, so am I expected to have dinner cooked for her? Snacks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How old is she? Will she be feeding your son dinner?

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    short answer - yes.

I would make sure there is dinner and snacks available...they may not need it and may bring their own...but, they will be in the house and not able to leave (obviously lol) so I would make sure she is as happy as possible.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

harvs  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBetweenTheThorns View Post
    How old is she? Will she be feeding your son dinner?

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'll be feeding him while she's there, and she sounds youngish. I haven't met her...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    short answer - yes.

I would make sure there is dinner and snacks available...they may not need it and may bring their own...but, they will be in the house and not able to leave (obviously lol) so I would make sure she is as happy as possible.
    This is what I do. I make sure they are more than comfortable. I put out dinner depending on the times also making sure tea, coffee, biscuts are out and I show her where everything is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, from that time I would prepare something for her. I think if they're starting any earlier than 8 it's nice to offer them some dinner, it's a long night without food otherwise. And show her where tea/coffee etc is. Good luck, I hope you have a fab night!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, even if you just leave her $20 to order a pizza...

I always got hungry when babysitting. I ate with the kids most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It seems to be the done thing, but I've always brought my own food or planned to order take away when baby sitting in the evening.

But pretty much every time I've baby sat for money the parents have laid out some snacks of some description for me and a few times had dinner prepared - especially with older kids I'd I'm with them for their meal times there's a serve for me, which I would do too, in a way it feels like breaking the ice and making the sitter feel welcome.

You don't *have to*, but I do think its *the done thing*.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's only fair to have some snacks and some kind of dinner available. Even if its some frozen meals or a lean cuisine etc. it would be kind of mean to expect her to spend a whole night at your house unable to leave and not have anything available.
    I would make a point of saying something along the lines of- 'we have this this and this avail or just help yourself to the pantry, this is how u turn on the oven '

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks for your responses. I wasn't expecting her not to eat, just wasn't sure if they usually bring their own food/cook from cupboards or whatever. Thanks again all :-)