+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to make a judgement but I find it hard not to. What kind of man makes his wife feel like she needs to do this to make him happy. I am appalled and disgusted. If my partner ever asked this of me I would be livid because not only is it horrible but there is a complete lack of empathy for the fact that I would carry those babies and not have to deal with the emotions but have those emotions fuelled by hormonal changes. That's really disgusting and off it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (24-10-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Makes me feel sick and hurty in the chest.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally, I couldn't deal with that. I don't think I'd ever be able to look at my friend the same way again. I'd be moving on to new friendships personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually wish I hadn't read this thread ( no offence at all to you OP) I can't believe there are people out there who would do such a thing.

Not a boy, just throw it away. It makes me feel sick.

As someone so has been through IVF I know the agony of just wanting a healthy baby, my heart aches for the girls still trying for their baby. I wouldn't think many doctors would let you do the blood test if you weren't high risk or testing for a genetic illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since those tests look really dodgy how will they react if they find out at u/s that their boy is actually a girl?
    I hate this type of thing, I really do. I'm pro choice, but to abort a wanted baby because of sex is just such a deeply wrong thing.
    I'd have a hard time supporting a friend through something like this, I'd try to talk them around (especially considering how uncertain those tests are). Other than that there's not much you can do, but it would taint the relationship for me

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would seriously De-Friend. instantly. it's a bit no-no for me, I just couldn't be friends with someone like that. it's just nasty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be honest if it was my friend and let them know I'm disgusted by their flippant attitude. A baby isn't a thing to be discarded just because it happens to be the 'wrong' gender.

I get the yearning for a girl. I have 2 boys and frequently get upset that I won't have a girl. I love my boys more than I ever thought possible, please don't get me wrong. It's hard to accept I'll never have a little girl. But I could never, ever consider discarding my unborn child because of this

The plan they have angers and upsets me.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is so completely sad and disgusting. Last week my pregnancy was induced due to complications and my baby born sleeping at 21 weeks. She was my second daughter. I would give anything to not have to have made that decision and have given my dd a sister. The fact that someone would plan to abort based on sex is just heartless and honestly if they'd be that disappointed with another daughter when they shouldn't be trying for anymore children. Op I'm sorry your friend has put you in this position I really don't think I could be friends with someone who had those morals.

Just. Plain. Wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (24-10-2013),cassieh  (23-10-2013),Lauzy  (24-10-2013),VicPark  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    This is so completely sad and disgusting. Last week my pregnancy was induced due to complications and my baby born sleeping at 21 weeks. She was my second daughter. I would give anything to not have to have made that decision and have given my dd a sister.
    So very, very sorry about your baby

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

melimum  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    This is so completely sad and disgusting. Last week my pregnancy was induced due to complications and my baby born sleeping at 21 weeks. She was my second daughter. I would give anything to not have to have made that decision and have given my dd a sister. The fact that someone would plan to abort based on sex is just heartless and honestly if they'd be that disappointed with another daughter when they shouldn't be trying for anymore children. Op I'm sorry your friend has put you in this position I really don't think I could be friends with someone who had those morals.

Just. Plain. Wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm so sorry about your beautiful baby girl .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

melimum  (24-10-2013)