+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The test is through Nimble diagnostics Australia - it is a medical & scientifically proven DNA test apparantly (i looked it up tonight after talking to her online) i told her that what she is doing breaks my heart & makes me so angry & that i am worried about how this may affect her girls ... she kept saying that her girls will never find out & that they are great parents & that she just wants her DH to have the boy hes always wanted ... she honestly doesnt feel shes doing anything wrong ?? the discussion started to get a bit heated so i'm going over to see her tomorrow to get it sorted as i dont want to be in this position & i think theres more to it tbh
    She said she doesnt need a doctors involvement as the test kit is sent to her in the mail & that you dont need a doctors referral to visit 'the clinic' it seems shes got it all worked out - but i wonder if it actually came down to it, would she be able to go through with it ?? This just doesnt make sense as in all the time ive known her shes only ever been a loving, caring a nurturing person & her DH seems the same way - i just dont get it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does this DNA test involve a scan where they will get to see their baby's little heart beating on the screen? I hope so and I hope like you have said, that once this happens they won't be able to go through with it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very frustrating. Personally I couldn't be her friend when I disagree with it so much. People shouldn't terminate on the base of what sex it is, I think that's absolutely disgusting. What if they tried 5 times & got 5 girls? Are they going to terminate every one of them? Why should a boy be valued more than a girl or the other way around?

I think they should maybe look at other options such as adoption (or not have any more). It makes me so sad that they're prepared to loose multiple babies based on what sex they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I looked up some reviews for that company and a lot of people have been really disappointed with it. It's quite scary that she is going to rely on that to decide on whether or not she will abort a baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    The test is through Nimble diagnostics Australia - it is a medical & scientifically proven DNA test apparantly
    And a quick Google search informs me of how unreliable and inaccurate this test is. Please tell your friend that she simply cannot trust the results of a mail order DNA test, it is far from accurte. Google rveals MANY stories of women having being told the "wrong" sex of their children.

If I can find such worrying information in a 2 minute Google, dedicate a couple of hours and I'm sure the results would be more worrying.
    Last edited by Lillynix; 23-10-2013 at 19:28.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-10-2013),gizmoduckus  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycake View Post
    I was under the impression that this gender test was only for those couples wanting to check the sex of a child so that no gender specific diseases or syndromes etc could be passed on. So are we saying any body can walk in off the street and have this done?
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    I am wondering what this test is. Currently in Australia gender selection is extremely difficult to obtain and only via ivf. It is for conditions of a genetic variety that are gender specific. Even then with a genetic condition present the selection process is very difficult to get app priced fog and is signed off on by multiple independant drs. It isn't done for gender preference or family balancing or the parents request.

This & This!

Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    The test is through Nimble diagnostics Australia - it is a medical & scientifically proven DNA test apparantly (i looked it up tonight after talking to her online) i told her that what she is doing breaks my heart & makes me so angry & that i am worried about how this may affect her girls ... she kept saying that her girls will never find out & that they are great parents & that she just wants her DH to have the boy hes always wanted ... she honestly doesnt feel shes doing anything wrong ?? the discussion started to get a bit heated so i'm going over to see her tomorrow to get it sorted as i dont want to be in this position & i think theres more to it tbh
    She said she doesnt need a doctors involvement as the test kit is sent to her in the mail & that you dont need a doctors referral to visit 'the clinic' it seems shes got it all worked out - but i wonder if it actually came down to it, would she be able to go through with it ?? This just doesnt make sense as in all the time ive known her shes only ever been a loving, caring a nurturing person & her DH seems the same way - i just dont get it
    ...and yep - a quick google spells out d.o.d.g.y

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/9249.aspx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is horrible
    I would have loved for this bub to be a boy but either gender is magical. If they're willing to try for a baby, they need to accept that it can be either or just don't ttc... Simple!
    Aborting a baby because it's not your preferred gender is disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great parents are selfless.

And this is utterly selfish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just wondering what type of a man he is if she feels she MUST go to this much effort to give HIM a son. Not for her but for HIM. Makes me wonder if he is threatening to leave if she doesn't give him a son. or something

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    Im just wondering what type of a man he is if she feels she MUST go to this much effort to give HIM a son. Not for her but for HIM. Makes me wonder if he is threatening to leave if she doesn't give him a son. or something

That's what I was thinking too. There was a case that made the news earlier this year (http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/par...-1226630636083), and the doctor said there appeared to be a lot of pressure from the husband.
    Last edited by 1234Guest; 23-10-2013 at 20:12.