+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't be friends anymore with someone who was even considering terminating a healthy baby because they want a boy. Really saddens me that people would do that, sickens me actually.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

cassieh  (23-10-2013),waterlily  (23-10-2013)

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was under the impression that this gender test was only for those couples wanting to check the sex of a child so that no gender specific diseases or syndromes etc could be passed on. So are we saying any body can walk in off the street and have this done?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I know it's the popular thing to support a woman's right to choose.... but.....Despite my personal views I realise that abortion in this country will never be illegal. However unless there are medical reasons then I wholeheartedly think abortion for gender selection should be illegal.

I am just going to come straight out and say it. Your friend and her hubby sound like awful, self centred people. I couldn't support a friend like that. I would start avoiding their phone calls. I probably wouldn't tell her what I thought unless I was asked why I was avoiding her. Then I would come straight out and say "I don't agree with your choices and they are of the nature that I can't just get over them."

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's disgusting. I couldn't/wouldn't support her decision, if it was me I would say that it's her choice, I don't support it & I don't want to hear about it.

I quite honestly couldn't hear about that. It makes me sick. I am pro-choice & I do not judge abortions, but to terminate based on gender is disgusting in my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can totally understand that after 6 girls the yearning for a boy would be pretty strong but in saying that I find their plan more than a bit disturbing.

Maybe you should suggest that they look into gender selection overseas? A lot of people probably don't agree with that either but its better than aborting babies because of their sex IMO.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Boys Blue For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (24-10-2013),Rutabaga  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disgusting!! They shouldnt be allowed to have kids if they are going to do that. Horrible just horrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am pro choice but I wouldn't be able to be supportive to someone who did that. I would just tell her straight out that you don't want to hear about it because it doesn't sit right with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be 100% honest. If that was my friend id de friend her over that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    After going through fertility treatment for over a year... I would have some seriously harsh words on the top of my head for these people...

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who has struggled like many others on bub hub to get pregnant I find this disgusting & so wrong.

Can I say I've never even heard of this test?