+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your friend reaching out for support because she's being pressured into it by her DH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    wow. what ages are the girls.?? what age is the dh?? I would really struggle with this too. If they are so set on ONLY one son, can they not try to do something else. filter his sperm so only "Y" ones are implanted?? try a 'diet' that encourages "boy" sperm?? surely there has to be a better way then possible repeat abortions. I really do feel sorry for your friend, and sorry for the girls in the family. They might be feeling a bit unworthy if this conversation got to them. Marie.
    Oh gosh i hope the girls never find out .. they love their girls & would never take any of them back but i am not sure the girls would see it that way - the oldest is 15 & the youngest is 2 - her DH is 40 i think - i have told her there are other options such as gender swaying etc but she said her DH doesnt want to take the 'risk'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aahhhhh I was curious to what the thread was about as it was listed but now I regret reading it. This sort of thing makes me absolutely sick to the stomach. As one who would give my left tit to have one healthy baby WTF gives people the right to pick and choose. They should be happy with what they have been and are blessed with and if that is all girls then so be it. They will very likely get heaps of grandsons in the future so can dote on and spoil them when that time comes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Which DNA gender test can be done at 9 weeks?

CVS is usually done between 10 and 12 weeks, and formal results can take 2 weeks to come back. It is also not done in Australia to check gender.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Goodness. This doesn't sit real well with me considering dh and I have to go through IVF to have our miracles. And while we did consider going down the gender selection path overseas at least they simply separate the sperm and fertilise with the sex you prefer, they don't fertilise all then discard the foetuses not required. To just get pregnant naturally and terminate the pregnancy/ies if it isn't the sex you want is horrific.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 23-10-2013 at 16:57.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be supporting that. Just be honest with her and say the idea upsets you and that you would rather she not bring it up with you. She might feel judged though, unfortunately it sounds like the beginning of the end of the friendship...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's completely repulsive what they're doing.

I'm assuming the father will have a lot of expectations of this longed for son. What if he doesn't live up to them? Then what?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (23-10-2013),jagamoe  (23-10-2013),Mod-Myztik  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww. So many things I want to say about this but all of them are foul and very mean. Im also pro choice. But this is just simply outrageous. I would not be able to bite my tongue if they were my friends. I wouldnt be able to look at them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pro choice so I recognise that this is her right. But I do struggle with this concept- this isn't a termination of an unwanted pregnancy or a fetus with abnormalities or defects- this is a conditionally wanted pregnancy and a premeditated decision to have an abortion if the baby is female. Frankly, it's sexist. And if any existing daughters find out that they were so sick of daughters that they started terminating them in utero in a quest for a boy- well, I don't imagine they will feel great knowing that. Op, I'd be honest- say the idea is abhorrent to you personally and that you can't support her through it. It might even be a wake up call for her.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (23-10-2013),gizmoduckus  (23-10-2013),GreenMama  (23-10-2013),Mokeybear  (23-10-2013),Scarlet Starlet  (23-10-2013),Starfish30  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I honestly can't believe what I just read. I dont understand how they can be so flippant about the whole thing. I can understand gender disappointment but to ttc then terminate because the baby Isn't the gender they want...I have no words..

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (23-10-2013),Nmgb  (23-10-2013)